Featured Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Don't ride on the pavement !!! You crazy mutha-fecka !!!

Jeez these bloody yanks, have to tell them the simplest of things :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You could race lawnmowers around your yard, now the trees are gone ???

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    FTFY. I'll mail it out as soon as I receive it. ;)

4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Sorry, that was obtuse. "Fixed That For You". Can't bear the thought of Scarlett being paraded around by an unbranded Triumph owner ............... :)

5. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    The ET bracket class runs on a handicap system and Bandits (admittedly 1200 ones!) are really common. I'm racing againts a 350LC and 1200cc+ bikes this weekend, slowest around 12.5 seconds and quickest running high 8's.
    Consistency is the key - which today I was sadly lacking!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Mate this is time, when you finish you spend the next few weeks prepping the bike then, WTF am I gonna do now!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    That's a great end of season write up Bill, how did you manage to compile that in your lunch break, I struggle to do the Daily Star crossword, only pulling your leg :p, in all seriousness you deserve a huge pat on the back for giving it go and doing bloody well too, due respect to you sir from myself and I'm sure from the other members that have followed your progress.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes Billy a great effort both riding in the various races, and your documenting of the experience. I’m sure anybody that is considering racing will benefit greatly from your experience. A truly fantastic year for you and Mrs Billy (aka Christine)....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well done Billy :)
    I have followed with interest and really enjoyed your posts :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    What a GREAT write up - clear, informative, emotional, honest and quite moving! Good photos, too ..... well, all bar one! :scream:

I've been following every step of what has, clearly, been an amazing journey for you and have LOVED every step that I've followed. You've done a fantastic job of showing the trials, tribulations and the occasional joys of amateur racing, and Pro Stocks racing should be as proud of you (AND Mrs BB!!) as we are!

I'd most definitely be the very first in line to stump up the moolah to restock the biscuit barrel - but I'd wanna know why the forum sticker quietly and discreetly disappeared from the 93 number plate ................................ :p:D:eek:

p.s. Season II of any series is often MUCH better than Season One, you know. Just saying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Great review of your season Billy.

It’s been good reading your write ups as the season progressed and following the ups and downs.

It was most enjoyable meeting and spending a few hours with you and Chris at the two race meeting that I attended.
    You’ve done the hard part of popping your race cherry, got rid of the orange vest, scored some championship points and learned some new circuits, so hopefully we’ll all be able to read your exploits and support you next season mate.

I think anyone who watches racing, especially at club level probably thinks at one time or another how easy it is but it’s not. There’s at least as much commitment in club racing as there is in BSB-Motogp.

People who only watch BSB-Motogp need to go and watch and support club racing it’s far better racing than watching any of the professionals racing IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Respect to ANYONE that races, as far as I'm concerned - two wheels or four. Motor racing - of almost any form I can think of - is never easy, cheap or risk free.

As THE MAN (SMcQ) said :

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2