Ng Racing Round 8 - Oulton Park Sat 28th Sep

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #1 Bad Billy, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    E03.png
    Well it is the last round of the Championship already :(:weary_face:, where the hell did the season go?

Oulton Park is the only round where we don't race on Sat & Sun, so will be there testing on Friday 27th and racing Sat 28th only. Not yet 100% sure that I will race next season, would like to ... but it just takes up so much time and money, and after this season I haven't got much of either left!
    Any Forum members planning on attending be sure to come & say hello in the paddock & don't forget to get a picture to post on here!

My season has been enjoyable (mainly) if a little underwhelming results wise, but hey ho, we all got to start somewhere. My team mate #95 Dave Hatswell however has had a season that has far exceeded his or anyone else's expectations, he is currently 3rd in the championship with a reasonable points gap over 4th placed man, so he can afford to follow him home in each race to secure that 3rd championship position.

D02.png
    #95 Dave Hatswell 3rd in championship.

CC 1.jpg
    And we're off, number 5 John Ward is 4th in championship.

E04.png
    No doubt I will be battling with these 2 again Simon Ralphs #51 & Max Richards #211 :D
    E01.png
    And trying to get my 6'3 16 stone frame into the 'tuck' position :joy::joy::joy:
    E13.png

Hopefully I will get to see some of you there, as we're not racing Sunday I think we are going to have a bit of a party on Saturday night :party::party::party:

https://www.ngroadracing.org/upload...aiWtK65UHHgbb03pKNwfJo5aflBZ5Y57MPnLZtkO4ZMjw

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Great pictures Billy :cool:

I intend on being there on the Friday and Saturday.

Been going to Oulton since 1964 and ridden the circuit a few times, so hopefully I may be able to help you,,,,,,,,,,,,,eat the chocy Hobnobs :yum:laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I shall be going considerably slower than you on Saturday Billy, about 4mph to be precise, with a few locks and swing bridges to contend with. It’ll be the second day of our holiday on the narrowboat and a pity I can’t come to see you for the last race of the year. However, thanks for the kind mention in the other thread and I wish you well for the weekend. ( I still maintain I had the same number of hobnobs as DD and Tiglet!)

It would be a shame if you can’t continue to race next year but I fully understand your reasons if it doesn’t happen.

Have a great weekend Billy, love to Christine for looking after us when we visited, hope to see you next year. (6 numbers on a Friday is all you need):p

• Like Like x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I am sure you will help with the hobnobs mate! :yum
    It's a circuit that I have never been to, I have been told it is demanding and difficult to learn, Cadwell was the most difficult track that I have found this year as it was so narrow with very little margin for error, I expecting Oulton to be similar. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I’m sure you’ll enjoy Oulton mate :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Cheers Andy, will see what happens regarding next year, certainly won't be doing the championship again, might just put in a couple of rounds that are close, but there was talk of dropping Brands & doing 2 rounds at Anglesey, that is the furthest one for me! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Awesome circuit, nearly as good as Brands,very technical takes a couple of visits to learn but quite honestly brilliant

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Don’t be so hard on yourself, racing as you know is so much harder than anyone who hasn’t done it thinks, I retired because I couldn’t win anymore which as you know is a bitter pill to swallow.
    I really hope you have another go next season because you know what to expect now, I’ll see you at Brands if you do and I know it’s a piss in the ocean but I’ll help with what I can bud, good luck at Oulton

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I like the word twat I’m going to replace prick with twat:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Cheers Glyn, keeping my options open at the moment, Bemsee seem to run more Brands meetings but struggling to find a class to race the Bandit in without being seriously out gunned!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Found some onboard camera action from a Bandit race a couple of years ago at Oulton.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Great video Billy, thanks for posting :cool:

I would say the riders first and last laps would have been his best,he was certainly up for it when he had other riders to dice with.

13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    That was Matt Baker who I bought the bike from, that was his first season in 2017, he got a lot quicker in 2018 and was leading the championship until a crash in the shootout rounds spoiled it for him.
    Same happening this year with #2 Harley Prebble, was romping it until the first shoot out round, then he had bike trouble all day at testing, then crashed whilst in the lead in the race, he now goes into the last round 15 points behind current champ with 50 points up for grabs, I predict that the current champ will settle for 2nd in each race to bring the title home again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That’s two races worth watching then.

Any other top blokes out in the same race Billy ;):grinning:

15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I am really not sure what 'wild cards' might show up, last year Peter Bardell did this round & won race 2 by a country mile (from the back of the grid!) after a mishap in race 1. Failing that there is nobody to challenge #1 James McHardy & #2 Harley Prebble, the next rider is normally between 2 & 5 secs a lap slower depending on the track, back markers may come into play, these 2 collided with each other in the last round after going either side of me! :eek:
    If you have a look through the Castle Combe thread I caught it on video.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yep I saw the video you posted Billy.

I was thinking of a top bloke who I know and frequents a certain motorcycle forum :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :joy::joy::joy: As I said, back markers could come into play!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Anyone thinking of coming to Oulton Park, we are testing Friday & racing Saturday only this weekend, if you are thinking of coming along you will find me in the Formula Prostocks area of the paddock, see picture below;

Oulton.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck for the last round Billy. Oulton Park is only a few miles down the road from me, but unfortunately won’t be able to join you as we will be in the eastern Mediterranean. Have a great weekend.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Cheers Wessa, enjoy your cruise mate :sun:, I am sure the weather will be nicer in the Med than what is forecast for Oulton :(, I put a wet rear tyre in already, that way whatever happens I only got to change 1 wheel before testing starts Friday am! :scream:

• Like Like x 2