Thanks For Turning Up (the Forum Rogues Gallery)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bad Billy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Very thankful to this lot for turning up & supporting me at various race tracks throughout the country this season, it has been a blast to meet you all, great bunch of guys! :heart:

IMG_3376.JPG
    @Glyn Phillips at Brands Hatch

IMG_3575.JPG
    @Tiglet - @Dozers Dad & @Yorkshireman at Donington Park, AKA The Hobnob Rustlers!

They took their Dolly Brolly duties very seriously :eek::eek::eek:!

Brolly dollies.jpeg Dolly.jpeg

And @Tiglet even gave me tips on how to get tucked in!

Tiglet.jpeg
    Then it was onto Cadwell Park for the next round below.
    IMG_20190601_121833_1.jpg
    Here we has @Eldon - @Smilinjack & @BB3Lions also there for a second visit of the year was @Yorkshireman who was taking the picture.

20190601_114649.jpg
    What Hobnobs the Cadwell mystery!

Wezza.jpg
    Then after a member free Pembrey, we were off to Anglesey where @Wessa (complete with dodgy tee-shirt) and his family turned up to cheer us on, the grand children had a whale of time. :p

IMG_3768.jpg
    At Castle Combe @Adie P (above) and @Dave C (below) came along to offer support, was good to see them and had a chance of a cuppa & a biscuit with them too!
    IMG_3770.jpg

A massive thanks to all of you that have supported me this season both at the track and on the forum, it is a special place, can't see many other single brand forums supporting a rider on something else, give yourselves a pat on the back. :grinning::p

• Like Like x 10
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I have to pay off the credit cards from this years effort mate! :eek: Thank God I got yours back before you did any real damage :oops: ... Bentley still ain't happy though :rolleyes:.

I will probably do a couple of rounds next year, I was looking at Brands (if it is still included) Donington & Castle Combe as they aren't too far, it is the cost of getting there that bumps the racing budget up.

It isn't just about the money though mate, it is also about how much holiday it takes to do the series, it is a massive commitment not just for me but also for Christine, I have booked a late January holiday for a bit of winter sun, just as a little 'thank you' for her support this season. :heart:

• Like Like x 8
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Your seasons story has been a brilliant read and has entertained me and I'm sure many on the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy any meetings you do get to next season, but for now go enjoy your winter sun, it is well deserved. Say a big thanks to Mrs Billy for her hospitality at Angelsey.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    You’re welcome bud

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Billy, it must have great when all these old codgers turned up talking about their BSA/Triumph/Norton/AJS/Royal Enfield that they had in the 60's, being quicker than your bike :p:p:p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Nah, @Bad Billy and I both know even a 600 Bandit will beat those old knackers :p:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Eldon, I wasn't suggesting that what the old codgers were recounting was true, merely rose tinted memories of the retired Tena Homme wearers.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    The older I get the faster I was:p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Will do Wessa but she has enjoyed meeting you all as well, I know you're away for Oulton but if you son in law & the kids are coming make sure they pop by & say hello.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    To be fair Percy Tate riding a Raleigh Wisp would kick my arse! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I'll have to wait until I retire before saying that, but how very true!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Billy don’t you mean Percy Tait :p

Lets face it with an arse as big as yours it would be hard to miss :joy::joy:;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I am not as old as you, can barely remember Percy whatever his surname is!
    Hobnob ban for you following that comment about my arse!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Don’t be like that Billy :(

I was going to ask you if you’d be my bestist mate instead of Crispey,,,grovel,grovel :heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Crispey who? :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Crispey who,,,,,,,,he’s the Delboy of the Triumph Forum and his partner is @steve lovatt sometimes known as Rodney :laughing:;):)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :eek: When you say partner ..... didn't realise they was an item! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hey BB - that was a REALLY nice touch - thank you -though I really do HATE having my photograph taken. It was, of course, an absolute pleasure to meet you and Mrs. BB in person - and "your dad", too .... has he forgiven me yet? ;)

On a slightly more serious note, if you do continue with more racing next season, regardless of the number of rounds you aim to enter, I, for one, would be more than happy to contribute again to the "hospitatlity funds" element of the racing budget. I know it doesn't amount to much more than the proverbial hill of beans but it's not just about the money, is it?

Thanks again to you for letting me be a part of a very special group!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #19 Bad Billy, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Ha, ha! Steve (my Dad) has taken stick for years following the incident where we both won prizes at a bike show, the girl presenting them said it was nice for father & son to win at the same event! :joy: We do look alike, alas these days I am very grey, so haven't been mistaken for his son until you mentioned it, so we have been giving him stick again! :p

Christine has enjoyed meeting all the guys from the Forum that have attended the race meetings this year, she is lovely a genuine 'people' person, & I realise I am very lucky to have her help & support. :heart:

I will decide for sure after Christmas whether I will race next year, I feel that it would be a shame not to at least do some of the rounds next year after the journey from complete novice to 'clubman' race licence holder, one massive learning curve!

I was humbled by the generous donations from members this year :blush:, not only on the crowd funding page, but also money donated in person by guys that attended, and also tools & parts, I am very grateful for this :heart:, however I will not ask for further help for next year, but thanks for the sentiment Adie. :D

This year has been a blast, I have had ups & downs, but to race in a whole championship, at these wonderful iconic circuits, tracks where I have watched my racing heroes over the years, that was an absolute dream, the below photo taken by a fellow racer after a bit a banter & a bloody good laugh, this sums it up for me. :p
    IMG_3910.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #20 Bad Billy, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    QUOTE="Ron Ashurst, post: 345253, member: 11902"]That's called bullying. Trying to suppress a man for speaking the truth.
    Shame on you. :confused:[/QUOTE]
    No Ron :confused:, I think you'll find, that spiteful git was bullying me by suggesting that I have a fat arse o_O, which by the way I don't :p

By the way forgot to mention that you are my Transatlantic fan, and although you don't come over for any races you still support me on race days by wearing the BBR tee-shirt and check out live timing on line.

I really hope you come over & hold the brolly in the UK as well as doing it a your local track mate!

Ron.jpg [
    Brolly.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1