Featured Winter Tasks...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by DCS222, Dec 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hee hee :) I had boots just like that :)
    Frank Thomas I believe :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I think you’re right...
    And if I clicked the heels together 3 times...

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    job done 4.5 Mtr extension just the right length, good job I got it done today tried to start it just click so its now on the optimate plus I've fitted another lead to the TZR so will only need to swap between the bikes every so often and ill not have another flat battery again. will just need to do some work on the triumph wheels as I noticed they were starting to show a bit of corrosion as I forgot to clean it last time I rode it. that will be made easier in the new year as i plan to run a hose from the back of the house to the front and put an exterior electric socket out the front also so I can use the pressure washer without having to run the hose and electric extension through the house. oh happy days.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Started building my new shed to go on the side of my garage to create more room. It's 'only' 5m x 2.4m but that is a lot of timber! I need to build it all so I can knock a doorway through to it so I can get some of my tat out of the way. So far I've used about 200 metres of shiplap and need another 85 metres odd! Weather has now stopped play.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Always needs more then you think :scream::blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vegan Flea

Vegan Flea Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    Following having sold my dirt bike, today I listed all my associated off-road kit. The idea being that this will pay for some accessories for my new Thruxton RS.:)
    However, 1 item from finishing, I dropped my £400 camera on a hard tiled floor smashing it to bits. Even more irritating, even if I sell all the items I listed today it won't be enough to replace the camera. Gutted. : unamused:. I'm taking it as a final "up yours" from 2020...

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Oh that sucks, can you claim on your home insurance?

9. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Nothing bike related, the poor Trident is mouldering in the shed won't bother even tying to clean it up until the weather warms a bit as its just not worth it.

So I have started to try and get my own garden into shape as I am not sorting someone else's as I do a couple of bits of garden maintenance to make a bit of pocket money and like most things it's my own that gets left until last.

• Like Like x 5
  10. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

My gardening consists of one BIG cut back per year, if the plants don’t survive, they’re hoiked out and replaced with summat else in spring... (oh... and a few grass cuts)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I bought a big machete years ago, joking aside, its the best gardening tool a man could ever own! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    My garden usually looks pretty good in late spring but goes down hill through the year as I get fed up with gardens...but you can imagine what the result of all those trees leaves me to clean up at the end of the year...the brow bin is full, and I have filled six large bags up already and only two thirds through the clean up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  13. Vegan Flea

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    I could but from previous experience it's not worth it re the inflated premiums. I claimed for a mobile that I left on the roof of my car once...can you see a pattern? Thanks for the thought though.

What I have done is bought the new equivalent used and boxed on eBay which has taken just 239 pictures from new. It was advertised with an additional £150 lens included which wasn't made very clear. It was already under priced, it but had "make an offer" button too. So counting on most people being pissed on NYE I put in a cheeky offer which was accepted. :cool:

Cheapest new price for the camera is £430 and cheapest price for the extra lens is £130 and I paid £308 inc postage which I'm well pleased with.

I will probably first use it to update my GSX-R project thread ;)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Vegan Flea

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    Love the fish pond! I'm building a new house this year and fish will feature inside and out. Eventually...
    EDIT; Just noticed the Japanese maples, very nice. And I see that you're in Norfolk too. Might need to come have a chat with you at some point in the future... :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    No worries your welcome....always kept fish inside and out the pond content moved with us and the garden was blank 8.5 years ago we are a bit addicted to Japanese maples I think there were 29 at last count they seem to do well in Norfolk soil.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Vegan Flea

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    Cheers, I'll take you up on that if I still have my sanity when It's finished. I love Japanese gardens and Koi.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #57 Sandi T, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    That's how Mr. Sandi feels about his chain saw. :p;):joy: I just look the other way.....

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's beautiful, Tricky!! :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Another winter task, I have cut my sons hair... I think I have some tranquillisers left if I need to trim him again!

AC8ECB25-FE65-4B83-9159-D5B193CA7268.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    You could get good money for that if you take it to a wool mill :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1