Featured Winter Tasks...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by DCS222, Dec 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Ok, what long awaited tasks have you started, or are you planning to start this winter? And what’s the chances of you completing the tasks?

I’ve started to re-wax all my waterproofs and boots... started with my long abused stockman jacket... boots next

• Like Like x 9
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Getting new set of tyres for my tiger. Other than that I’m not planning any major activities, just a lazy bast@rd

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Because of my lack of riding I’ve got just about everything done :)
    Out of boredom I’m even having an attempt at making a Givi style quick release tank bag FFS :confused:
    I might even make another trailer :eek::p

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I'll be changing the oil and filters on the Thruxton before Spring, but that's a job for January or February next year

• Like Like x 5
  5. Aceofharps

Aceofharps Member

Oct 29, 2020
    Minster Ohio
    Just ordered a 3D printed bellmouth intake for my 06 T100. Also ordered bigger main jets & a K&N air filter. I have a new Nology ignition coil & NGK Iridium spark plugs. I'm planning to remove the air box baffle and install all these parts. I have already removed the AIS.and installed a new set of Dunstall Toga's with baffles. I ordered 130 main jets for this set up and plan to use one shim on the needle. If anyone else on the forum has this setup, please share your carb settings so I can get closer to an ideal setup.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Just moved the bike (5 hrs ago) as the pads were stuck on the front as i'd washed it and it'd not moved for 3 weeks.
    They’d practically welded on as i'd washed the beast and put it away.
    Moved the tyres around to avoid flat spots. It's in a shed so I’ve not got room for a stand on permanently.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    As I have no garage or even a rear entrance to the back garden my bikes are parked on a small hard stand at the front of the house. So I have ordered a long extension for my optimate charger which I will cut then feed through the wall and rejoin. I'll then be able to keep both batteries ready for use hallelujah.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The one task I've prioritized is culling and cleaning out my closet (not the one with motorcycle gear). The chances of me completing it are about 5 in 10. That would probably be higher if I'd spend less time on this forum. :joy:

The other task is riding my motorcycles more and making up for a bit of lost time this year. The chances of me completing this particular task are 10 in 10. ;):)

• Like Like x 8
  9. Vegan Flea

Vegan Flea Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    I've gone through my DRZ400e and should list it for sale tomorrow weather permitting for pictures.

Wash my Ducati and gather together all the original parts for it so it's ready to trade in on a Thruxton RS.

Put together my GSX-R 750 (see projects thread)

All must be done be done before the end of January as I'm moving. o_O

IMG_5876.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    #10 JtC, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    There is a large pile of debris that has collected outside my garage from our trees -in the summer I told her it's too hot, I'll do it in the fall. In the fall I told her, it's too windy I'll do it in the winter. Now I tell her it's too cold, I'll do it in the spring . . . of course she's too smart for that, it isn't cold here while it's daylight. She is just letting me get away with it . . . for now.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Put the bike up on stands ready for taking the forks out to have some Nitron TVT cartridges fitted and I’ll also be dumping the stock Pirelli tyres. They don’t grip when it’s cold. The front has let go twice now and on both occasions it’s been damp and around 8*C

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Can I put in an order for you to make a camper trailer for Mr. Sandi to use on his fishing trips? That would be a pull-behind for his pickup truck, NOT his motorcycle. ;) Maybe you can start a business, dilli?! :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #13 Sandi T, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Tell her you're in good company, @JtC...that of Mark Twain. ;):)

“Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
    Mark Twain

• Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  14. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I've got a load of bits and pieces off past bikes, screens, booster plug stuff like that. Keep meaning to have a clear out so will have to start selling some bits in the new year :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Change the oil, coolant, brake pads, flush brake fluid, change fork oil on the Street Cup. Discs are good, but what prep should I do when I install the new pads? Getting EBC HH pads, what’s the normal break in?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    I had planned on joining the procrastinators forum, but I think I may do it tomorrow.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Sugartown Cabaret
    ^ some quality humour right there @Hobnail.

I have been busy this off season. Completed valve clearance checks, removed SAI, new plugs, repaired oil switch boot, bike waxed, honda pro polished the engine block and cases, tank filled with E0, over inflated tires, serviced the chain with alignment and new gear oil, balanced throttle bodies via TuneECU, and now chain guard out to the powdercoater.

Then on to conditioning my gear.

I don't have much of a social life as you can tell. :weary_face:

• Like Like x 6
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good one, @Hobnail! Here are a few more.......

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.30.19 PM.png

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

not exactly been a “social life” year really

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

#20 DCS222, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2020
    One I did yesterday...
    I have a Givi screen that came on my Triumph Legend. The bolt that fixes the screen to the positioning arm came off and lost the retaining bracket, which made it unusable. so I took it off (2015) and thought “I’ll make a little replacement bracket and it’ll come in useful!l
    I was talking to my buddy’s wife last week about her newly purchased Trumpet (pics to follow when I get to see it) and she was telling me that she was suffering a lot of buffeting due to it being a naked... so finally, after 5 years, I patched up the screen and I’ll take it to her today. It’s not the prettiest job (I didn’t have long to fix it would you believe o_O), but it’ll help during winter and will let her get an idea for what she wants when she buys one.

A41F1C43-56F9-464C-95A4-2D2F445BCF76.jpeg

08933501-0D3D-4987-8A4B-4A22F45372D3.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1