Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

SPEED TRIPLE WARRANTY ISSUES

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Col_C, Oct 11, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Other than the self ejecting rear seat cowl :D

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member
    Subscriber

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yet? ;):scream:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    UPDATE:
    So I got it back from the dealers yesterday all working. It was my own fault, when I fitted the Evotech tail tidy I pinched one of the wires. This caused the rear light cluster to fail and (god knows why) blew the front brake switch.

Triumph were reasonable and paid for the parts, I paid for labour so can’t really fault them there.

Just glad to have a resolution and a working bike. Rode home 40 miles in the pouring rain but still with a smile on my face!

Andy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I had problems with the rear brake light switch blowing.
    Each time it did, the brake light stayed on, the cruise control and the mobile mode change functionality wouldn't work.
    Not sure what the issue was, but had it changed twice and it now seems ok.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrTriple

MrTriple Senior Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I did that to the indicator wires when I first fitted an Evotech tidy to my previous bike. I even saw fit to mention it in this post (back in April) - but just didn't associate it with the problem you were experiencing.

Great to hear it's sorted now :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    Early Honda NC750s had a bug in their firmware which kept resetting the trip - very annoying. Anyway I think most had their instruments replaced under warranty and the mileage was zeroed. Worth noting if you are buying a 2014/15 NC.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Col_C

Subscriber

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I'm guessing latest Triumph models are using CAN bus now then? So switches now just talk to a chip using lower voltage and power, probably built down to minimum spec, hence when a fault occurs and they see 12v they can't take it / "computer says no".

Had similar on a 2012 Multistrada, LH heated grip failed on edge of warranty, component replaced, computer still said no, suspected wiring fault to be traced (at my expense), at which point I said no, keep it. Then went out and bought a (then new) 2015 94R which has minimal "electronics". Peace and reliability ensued. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    Several times now, and the seat too. KInda think that this is more of an owner issue.....

T

9. Col_C

Subscriber

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Put a couple of washers under the seat catch when I first got my 94R to raise catch and make it latch easier. A bit different now on latest 2 part seat models, but might still be relevant.

10. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    Out today and I noticed oil weeping out the filler cap. Luckily I was near a dealer so popped in there and they replaced the o ring as it was stretched. The other dealer must have overtightened it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MrTriple

MrTriple Senior Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I had the same problem - there was a faulty batch of soft o-rings (apparently. As you tighten up the filler cap, it causes the o-ring to push out and leave a loop hanging...and out comes the oil :expressionless:

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/thr...-–-ownership-thread.13318/page-10#post-197437