Arrow Cans R&g Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by bob1, Apr 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    just for future reference anyone thinking of putting arrow cans on there 2016 speed triple with a r&g tail tidy they wont fit. the arrows are slightly higher than the oe cans and they foul the indicators I wasn't all that keen on the r&g anyway so now I'm going to have to buy the evotech one I have been mucking about with bikes for years and nothing ever seems to be straight forward lol:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    Check out Smoto for a tail tidy.

3. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    The R&G tail tidy will fit - but you have to swap out the indicator bracket for this one - https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Triumph/Speed_Triple_R/2016/IAS0003BK/

It doesn't look that great to be honest, and after buying the bracket, I ditched the whole tail tidy and fitted the Evotech version instead (which in my opinion, is much (much) nicer).

R&G with high bracket

2016-06-09 16.08.35.jpg

Evotech

2017-04-26 12.29.47.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    I dont like the look of that at all I didn't fit the r&g is it easy to swap from the r&g to the evotech

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I didn't think you'd like it - and I didn't put up with it for long.

The Evotech is excellent quality and feels precision made compared to the bendy R&G. Line everything up and the Evotech just pops into place.

My top tip is to make sure that you don't pinch the indicator and numberplate light wires as you do up the bracket, otherwise you're in danger of shearing them as it tightens up against the sub-frame. You may have to fit a new numberplate wire connector (depending on whether the existing one on your loom has been cut off) but that's included in the kit and you can use crimp-on bullet connectors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    Thanks ill order one the carbon surround going round the back light is that a genuine triumph one

7. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #7 MrTriple, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    No, the tail light surround is from here: http://www.carbonfbr.com/sp-16-pl

The link is to the 'plain' weave to match the Triumph carbon - they also do twill (to match the Arrow exhaust tips). My preference is to stick with plain and blend in, even though I like the twill better.

An OCD nightmare o_O

8. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    what have you done to me that site is going to cost me an absolute fortune:laughing:

• Like Like x 3
  9. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I'm so sorry...I was only trying to help :joy:

Think of it as an investment - I've transferred all the bits from my old 2016 to my 2018, so it's extremely cost effective :p

I went for a few choice bits - rear hugger, chain guard, exhaust heat shield and the tail light surround. No need to smother it in carbon, because I think you can go too far.

10. manbitescat

manbitescat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    #10 manbitescat, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Late to the party - looking for a tail tidy (2017 Speed R). As a dreary old man my concern with the Evotech is that the indicators are rather close together and somewhat hidden. The R&G does separate the lights and push them up where they're clearly visible to the idiot behind you - indicators are not a styling accessory, they have a function...could also point out that a rear reflector is a UK MoT requirement as far as I'm aware. Insurance might be invalid if the bike doesn't comply..? Just saying...

11. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    I got a r&g for sale if your interested

12. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    I got a r&g for sale if your interested

13. manbitescat

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    '..The Evotech is excellent quality and feels precision made..' Yeah well despite my misgivings, quality is an excellent argument...

14. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I'm not sure what Richard Neale is disagreeing with in my earlier post, but having replaced an R&G, the Evotech is in another league - from both a quality and fitting perspective. I really like the way they channel they wires between the two halves and it all fits together and aligns perfectly.

Form over function maybe, but the LED indicators are nice and bright and possibly outweigh any concerns you have about them being too close together. There's nothing dreary about considering your safety :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. manbitescat

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    Good enough for me Mr. Triple, the Evotech it shall be - thank you, think I'm going to purchase the Evotech levers as well, looking at the prices of LSL and Gilles etc. they seem a bargain...don't seem to be able to source the Triumph ones for the Speed R..? Shame, had them on my Street and really liked 'em...

• Like Like x 1
  16. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    might be a idea to make your mind up before you post

17. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    I have the Evotech and it is a QUALITY piece of kit... I think the R&G with high signals looks rubbish. You can always stick a reflector on for mot or use the ones which come with the kit ..

18. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    So which bit did you disagree with then Richard? It's your prerogative of course, but...
    • We both think the Evotech is a quality bit of kit :)
    • We both think the R&G with the high signal brackets (needed to clear the Arrow cans) looks rubbish :)
    I'm perplexed o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    It's strange how Triumph chose not to make levers available for your Speed Triple. I bought 'eBay' ones for my 2016 R and thought they were great...until I put the stock levers back on and they felt miles better.

ASV are a good choice - you've probably already looked here.

My vote would be Evotech and save on the combined postage :)

20. manbitescat

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    I was told by a dealer that Euro 4 had played havoc with international homologation of parts and many accessories had been withdrawn...???