Best Tyres For Daytona T595 & 955i?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Geoff Butler, Dec 24, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jurkka

jurkka New Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Finland
    please post the direct link on your dragdrop link- i have some issues and like to see and read of experiences removing bearings

2. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
  3. SamTheExplorer

Nov 26, 2017
    Cambridge, UK
    Hi Daniel,

Tyre opinions can be very divisive... Aesthetics of tyre tread as an influencing factor is an interesting one and I would think it has a greater impact than most realise...

From personal experience, I had Michelin Anankee tyres on my 2014 Triumph Explorer. As with most modern tyres they were very competent (more so than I!). I only used them on road, although as Jurkka has stated they claim to be a % for trails... The only downside I found was that they were particularly noisy on the road (likely due to the tread pattern). Personally, I would not put them on my 2003 Speed Triple 955i as I am very much a fan of the Michelin Road series tyres for my particular riding style/needs. However, from what you describe, I would suggest the Anakee tyres could suit. Enjoy the quest!

4. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Thank you Sam...

I am thinking aesthetics is probably not the best deciding factor! But...then, as ANY tyre will be more capable than me; perhaps it is as good a factor as any.

But then...I catch myself in a window, and, as an overweight chap on a bike, perhaps the aesthetics boat sailed a while ago anyway!

Bike shop says current tyres are OK...certainly wear wise they are fine...my concern was they are now 6 years old though...but they still pass the fingernail test and feel "springy" still...so maybe it is all a bit moot...

It is another biking conundrum...tyres seem so individual/specific to each rider...but wouldn't it be good to be able to "try out" different tyres, on your own bike, for a few miles, before committing!?

The quest indeed continues!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
  6. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Thank you, that is a great read!