Featured Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bad Billy, Apr 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    I've come to this thread really late, but what a simple way to check your suspension. Cheers Bad Billy and Gled. I've downloaded it for future reference. :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Will do !

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPHDT

JPHDT Member

May 26, 2020
    France
    Hello Guys
    This is my first post here and from a French guy (nobody is perfect) waiting for his new R3 after 4 months ... (I had a 1993 Sprint and a 2007 R3). So some of you could welcome or tell me to get out :)

Riding often with luggage, or not, with wife, or not, with both or alone, I am using a simple rule of thumb to adjust shock absorber(s).

Weight of bike alone : 1/3 of the length of shock absorber displacement (you do it once only).
    Weight of bike + total load: 2/3 of the length of shock absorber displacement
    In any case it remains 1/3 free.

It is just a simple way to adjust shock absorber displacement according to variable load on the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. T0pcat

T0pcat Member

Oct 24, 2018
    UK
    Thanks for directing me to a very useful guide. Andy Ibbott is a respected and able motorcycle journalist who knows what he is talking about and the guide is simple and easy to understand.

• Like Like x 3