What To Buy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, May 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #22 Havit, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    All been happening this week . i got the GTR tank back . i stripped and cleaned the carbs on her.......the decided i wasnt happy with the scatches on the tank from where the original owner had used a magetic tank bag. So t took it to a mate of mine to see what he could do with it.
    Penelope.....hmmmmm. Im concerned about her rattle. I have a bit of work to do on her then im taking her to a Triumph expert to see what he thinks .

The ZZR. Gave her an oil change and the Engine could do with a carb balance but other than that its good. Problem is the plastics are not great.and a few scratches on the tank. All of her damage is from being dropped stationary. I knew this when i got her. I would need to spent a bit of money to get her right or do i just use her as a bike that starts and runs perfect
    All year round. Where do you stop. All three bikes are different to ride. What to do.....
    The ZZR is just a power house Great all rounder. GTR is perfect for touring. Great weather protection. Quick enough and tried and tested although a tad heavy. Then penelope . That bike is special. For personal reasons. But like all bikes they all cost you money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thanks mate. Your right. The ZZR is ok but i hate scratches. As you rightly say for the money shes good . i already brought bits for her. Two new wheels powder coated gold. Not fitted yet. Two new mirrors . a centre stand.....then i thought to myself hang on ....what am i doing ..do i need extra expense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I’m with Jez on this one Wayne.
    Keep the ZZR as she is and enjoy her as she is, maybe next year think about the plastics then or leave her as she is during your ownership.
    Once you start renewing/refurbishing the plastics/paintwork etc it will then show something else up and you will end up going through the complete bike ££££’s, even replating original nuts and bolts. Some bikes are worth it, some can be a cash cow for little return.

• Agree Agree x 2