Speedmaster Vibration After Tire Change

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by BonnieRed, Sep 24, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    WTF

I wouldn't have given them that second chance, I'd have gone elsewhere.

Having said that, I always check my tyres after fitting, and as the mechanic pointed out when I was getting confused checking his handiwork the first time, there are directional arrows on the wheel hub and brake disc too.

2. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Actually, it was two different dealers that installed the tires backward. The below stories are different dealers and makes of bikes too..

Then there was the time they didn't tighten the rear axle nuts! Literally, finger tight. Talk about a squirrely ride!

Then there was the time they left my bike out in the rain for two days and I found three inches of water in the saddlebags. No major damage to anything, but still... (got a store gift certificate for $50 for that one).

It's all about turn-over. Get the bikes in and out as quick as possible. Time is money. Quality workmanship suffers.

Lessons learned!

ALWAYS go over the bike stem to stern before riding off from a dealer or mac.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I had a similar situation 3 years back with my America. Tried everything before I threw away my new tyres( Metzler888's in my case.)
    Problem solved....in my case.