Featured Uncle Sam’s Scorecard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Callumity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Is the worm turning ?

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well the mainstream outlets from CNN to the BBC won’t tell you but in Pennsylvania a judge has upheld an injunction preventing election certification. It is now passing to State legislators to select electors for the Electoral College in a Republican dominated State Senate. They have that Constitutional power.......

The same may well be brewing in other contested States......with alleged electoral malpractices.

• Like Like x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    So does this apply to the whole state or a county or whatever ?

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The entire Commonwealth of the State of Pennsylvania.

Wikipedia will tell you the Gateway Pundit is a far right site of wall to wall fake news but it has millions more hits than CNN etc., combined. Make your own mind up and separate fact from comment. CNN happily reports allegations as ‘baseless’ with zero rebuttal. The injunction? Oh that’s a fact.

It’s all lies of course
    https://twpundit.com/2020/11/25/twi...-after-he-leads-pa-hearing-on-election-fraud/

5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
  6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    And if Trump survives it’s commercial suicide. Most big media is a vanity project because so few make any money. Fox are in a tailspin and CNN are not much better for lack of viewers. Prime time they struggle to get 2.5m viewers in a country of 330m. Fox were well ahead until they dumped Trump. The pre-election highs for CNN were still only 7.5m......about the same as Strictly.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
  9. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
  11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Less wheel spin, increasing traction.

Popcorn!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    :p

Screenshot_20201130-125315~2.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not sure that is entirely the correct approach, but you cannot dispute his logic.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The process grinds on with CNN output in an apparent parallel universe to what is happening with Pennsylvania and Arizona legislators v. State officials. The whip hand appears to lie with the former not the latter.

Meanwhile, the conspiracies being put out about gun battles between renegade CIA and US SF on German airbases just make me shake my head.

15. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I saw Arizona Electoral College votes have been submitted for Biden - how can Trump challenge them now? Still no evidence of widespread fraud, some control weaknesses yes but no smoking gun...

I think I hear a large soprano in the background:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    It’s all inter-related. The same people seeking to certify are the same State officials alleged to have exceeded their authority in varying State electoral law to facilitate a fraud in which they participated. The State legislature has the power to overturn and recall. The ball remains in play.

There are widespread allegations and significant individual testimony but, hey, no evidence or smoking gun. I am not so sure. You seriously can’t trust BBC or Sky on this.

Suffice to say, until the Electoral College convenes and rules there IS no President Elect.

• Like Like x 1
  17. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It’s a difficult one to call but there does seem to be a major discrepancy between what Guiliani et as are prepared to allege before the press or in GOP/MAGA gatherings and what they are prepared or able to evidence in courts.

As to whom to trust, we all have our own personal views and prejudices. Personally I think the BBC is more worthy of that trust than some give it credit for, but sadly I know that view isn’t always shared. From the other side of the pond this summary from yesterday from the Washington Post seems pretty good:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elec...tion-deadlines-ga-mi-wi-nv-az-pa/?arc404=true

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #158 Callumity, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    The Washington Post is Bezos’ organ. I say no more on that! The Beeb has just been seriously downgraded in popular estimation of its bias. Sadly!

The problem with much of the mainstream reporting is its focus on Republican ‘failures’ rather than an appreciation of how this expedites a move to the Supreme Court where the game changes gear. Assuming your opposition is stupid is itself very stupid. It’s a bit like only hearing what you want to hear and disregarding the rest......*

*wash mouth out! Inadvertent reference to Boxer!

19. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It’s The Boxer actually, but nonetheless well done!

Re the legal challenges it will be interesting if and when it arrives at the Supreme Court. So far the ‘failures’ have often (maybe largely but I have no knowledge of quantum) been in front of Trump-appointed judges who have nonetheless thrown the cases out on the basis of lack of evidence.

This is what you would hope would happen (in terms of integrity of the legal system) where there is no - or nowhere near sufficient - evidence presented to them.

So at SCOTUS, assuming that (despite the “conservative” majority) the integrity point is not in question, it all comes down to evidence.

Given that the cases so far seem to have been extremely thinly supported by meaningful evidence, then either there is no or nowhere near sufficient evidence OR new evidence is presented. Now I’m no legal expert but I thought the only basis for challenging court decisions at the next level upwards (and ultimately therefore to the Supreme Court) had to be about a flawed decision in a lower court, rather than new evidence?

In other words if there is new evidence it should be presented at the appropriate lower court, otherwise SCOTUS wouldn’t hear it...?

20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    A boxer, any boxer indefinite article or otherwise! Mine was a 1982 R100RS but I digress....

Firstly evidence. Quantity can often make up for quality. These cases are so far all civil actions that turn on a far lower standard (balance of probabilities) than criminal (beyond reasonable doubt). However, that is not to say that civil evidence of possible criminality is not matched by unseen investigation. We just don’t know. Were there to be ‘revelations’, their timing would need careful management to avoid mutual prejudice to civil and criminal actions.

The statutory timetable for electoral certainty makes this a bit different too because crime normally goes first but investigators need time whereas the complaint merely needs to show material irregularity for the election to be passed into the hands of legislators as provided for in the Constitution.