Featured Uncle Sam’s Scorecard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Callumity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The fact that Trump has already commented that he will "be back" as he was heading out the door will likely enter into the acquit/convict voting decisions of Senators during the impeachment trial. If the Senate votes to convict Trump by a 2/3 majority, they can then vote to disqualify him from holding a federal office in the future.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.42.46 AM.png

The above screen shot is from the document in this link. Much of the focus in this document is related to whether the impeachment process can be extended to officials who are no longer in office.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10565

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1382 Cyborgbot, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021
    This is all true - but in a ‘normal’ election Dumbo Trumps votes would have been outstanding...

His vote tally would have possibly even won most elections. In normal circumstances.

Scary thought if my haphazard understanding happens to be accurate.

Not that I am a JB fan either. Some of his words and actions are ‘odd’. Really odd...

I also don’t like the idea of a third time lucky candidate for a President finally making the grade. I’d always like first time right tbh - if they were to shit to win the first two times but slightly better this time (against narcissist Trump) and finally won... Well, to me, it doesn’t seem the USA has taken the advantage of 331m people if it keeps giving the plebeians the same idiot person to elect each time - eventually they will win, even if it has to be against an idiotic, narcissistic, hallucinating numpty. We laugh at the Chinese dynasties handing down power but The USA unfortunately are the masters.

what a mess

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Personally, I think it should continue (trump impeachment) as any following president could then assume “sod it, I can do what I want as I’ve only got 2-3 weeks to go and, what are they going to do as there’s no time for the process to complete “
    Just my 2 pence/cents!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1384 Sandi T, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    You may be right about "Dumbo Trump" and the election under "normal circumstances". But to add an interesting twist, there have been numerous allegations over time of the Republican Party engaging in gerrymandering and voter suppression. I'm sort of making an assumption that you are alluding to mail in voting? If so, that option helped to bring out more voters than have ever voted in a U.S. Presidential previous to 2021. Why would we not want most--heck, all?--registered voters to vote? That would certainly be my preference. I predict that after figuring out how to get out the vote during a pandemic, providing voters with multiple voting options including early voting and mail in voting will become the norm. But perhaps you meant something else by "normal circumstances"!

I wasn't particularly big on Biden initially but the more I've learned about him, the more confident I feel about his leadership capabilities, his experience and knowledge, and his ability to collaborate. I know enough about American politics to not really be that concerned that Biden has run without success previously. I think it's way more odd and concerning that a guy with absolutely zero political experience would be elected to be President as his first political office.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1385 Sandi T, Jan 21, 2021
    And then there's this. Uh oh for Mr. Trump....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...aa194c-de85-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 3.47.07 PM.png

6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1386 Cyborgbot, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021
    Hi Sandi T - oops I’ll leave politics alone next time...

I hadn’t thought at all about the mail in vote... not sure I understand that. It was certainly not what I was talking about.

My simplistic observation was that Trump, despite international ridicule over the last few years has (rightly/wrongly -others can decide) did really well at not blowing up the world, as he was spending his whole time tweeting his domestic/international spats. I only know what we see in press over here - it is possible they have a bias.

my second half baked point was that BJ did better this year after losing twice - this is clearly true as he won this time. That was an amazing achievement given Trumps increase in voter numbers. Awesome.

the electorate was possibly enthused and motivated this year to vote. In person or by mail. Passions where peaked.

I am not making a judgement. But think more people wanted their voices heard.

My comment about normal circumstances was a subtle point to the very diversive (as presented in our press) situation between republicans and democrats. There is always antagonism between parties but this time, it seems heightened. Maybe that isn’t the case. It seems like it to me. I think the sheer number of voters show they were more engaged this year.

my final jokey quip was not a jibe at JB or the USA but at the ‘democratic process’ where-ever we are. How is it possible for a country to repeatedly submit the same person or family members of previous presidents/prime ministers and still claim they are the absolute best candidate. Maybe being a great politician is hereditary and not about who you know. How many great Presidents/prime minster could there have been if a more open selection process were used. Heck forget that question - that’s how we got Trump. Damn shot myself in the foot there... Although being a billionaire (or so he says) he has an advantage in the presidential race over say Doris the cleaner.

Trump just proves however that you can make a numpty a president and ultimately the world keeps spinning.

everyone’s a bit more scared, but it’s still spinning.

As per tradition, the next president/prime minister cancels the actions of the last and equilibrium is maintained.

I was not intending to offend. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    On this occasion you are a master of understatement, @littleade. ;):joy:

9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1389 Sandi T, Jan 22, 2021
    :rolleyes:
    Ahhh, love your clarifications @Cyborgbot. And I agree with so many of your points in this post. I love that you said that a billionaire has an advantage over Doris the cleaner. What a great way to put it. And yes, Trump “claims” to be a billionaire. But still no tax returns released to know for sure.

You’re right that the American electorate was very enthusiastic about voting this year and for most of us that was extremely exciting to see! There were people who did not choose to vote by mail who stood in line for eight or more hours to exercise their right to vote and have their voices heard.

I do have to say, The President of the United States not blowing up the world because he is busy tweeting is a very, very low bar. :rolleyes::eek::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    My motto here is “consider the source”. Have you looked into any other news sources in addition to Fox related to this point? With my news, as with the data I consider in my profession, I consider whether multiple sources of information and facts relating to the same issue or concern converge or diverge. Fox tends to be a “diverger”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    In summary, then...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

He should have his on primetime show.

13. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    That's the most pathetic defense.. But that's probably the best his lawyer could suggest for this idiot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Russell Stroup

Russell Stroup Noble Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    MF’er can’t even afford a lawyer, I’m sure the public defender will be sufficient.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. TillyB

TillyB Active Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Midlands
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ha! Well, I hope Jake had "fun" while it lasted. I liked the visual the lawyer painted of Trump stirring the Kool-Aid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Generally now a clenched fist is power to A people, rather than power to the people as originally used against oppression

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #1399 GaleForceEight, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    One of my jobs is running the tech for a convention company, so we get actors from various tv shows and films, and put them on stage to talk about stuff and answer questions from the fans, do photo ops, autographs, meet and greets, etc. Some tv shows / genres attract a certain type of person - and because we create a safe space and they can be who they like without fear of being abused, a small minority of them think it is acceptable to behave to others in exactly the same way they feel they have been treated out in ‘the real world’ because they are in a protected environment. We get a disproportionate number of people with ‘health issues’ - so many times I have witnessed actual arguments between attendees in the smoking areas outside the hotels, over who is more mentally or physicallly broken.

One time three of them were even comparing self-harming scars. Now, if sharing that kind of stuff helps them deal with whatever drives them to do that to themselves then that is good therapy, and while I don’t ‘get it’ and I really don’t pretend to wholly understand them, if we can create a space that allows them to get their shit together in a way they can’t elsewhere then that’s amazing. I guess in that case it is the same as when my brother and I share a bottle of whiskey and talk about shit which helps with PTSD as he was in some really shitty places at times.
    The majority of attendees are normal people who enjoy the tv shows, enjoy the weekend, and are just there to have a good time even if some are a little esoteric. Only a tiny minority actually cause issues, and I’ve met so many lovely people of all persuasions doing that job I can accept that the barnpots are just another part of it!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks for the answer @GaleForceEight . I guess where you are working with the public you will see the best and the worst in society. I would like to think in a regular working environment when you are seeing the same people it is unlikely that you will see the extremes that you have highlighted. :)

• Agree Agree x 2