Featured Uncle Sam’s Scorecard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Callumity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Well I'm not voting for him.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I hear he works pro-bone-o

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #1243 Octoberon, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Yeah, good point. I wasnt' thinking about the setting up of even-further-right-wing media. Fortunately they'll be mainstream so people know not to believe anything they say...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Dont know.
    From what I see he is completely obsessive about this

Only if the subject is pertinent to the case I imagine. So limited?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    He may drag it on to rally the troops but to what end? The main parties won't be interested in that narrative once he's gone, with the expection of a few notable exceptions, unless they thing it has enough political capital next time around. Even if they drag Trump out at rallies to whip up support from his base, impeachment will prevent him from having any real power, which seems to be the most important thing to him. A point not lost on the Democrats, no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #1246 Sprinter, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    If they can get him out of office hes done. Problem is he is not undone. Whether or not his changes have been good or bad for the USA will be discussed for years.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...019-12?r=US&IR=T#accomplishment-space-force-2

Edit.
    Its interesting to me to note that Trump's motives and plans are so open to interpretation. Shirley, his agenda, his aims, and goals, as a politician, should be public knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    He's building his case.

8. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I’ve heard it’s a Kraken

9. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Hopefully it'll eat his horse.

10. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I won't shoot at the ambulance. I've been hard hitting, that is perfectly assumed.
    That is not with the man himself, but with all the things he carries: intellectual dishonesty, manipulation, perpetual change of angle, masking an evident right wing conspiracy view etc..
    What is the goal? Get noticed, recognized, feel intellectually superior. Narcissistic?
    That works on a certain public that saw in all this screen of smoke a "massive intellect".
    From the moment you take one point of all the rubbish and concentrate on facts, burden of proof, he is down every time, and he immediately makeup into verbose interludes, .... and flood again, quickly changing the angle from the recent fail. Usual process.
    I would have absolutely no problem to meet in real, already met a few from the same clay. It's sometime interesting (rare).
    My final words about.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Actually, Chevy, there are very few who are posting nearly exclusively on this thread. Most are at least reasonably if not quite active in other areas of the forum as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @DCS222, it's highly implausible that impeachment proceedings would give Trump a platform, especially for the amount of time you suggested. Also, Trump wasn't able to present any evidence to all the courts regarding election fraud so, even if he has any to present regarding impeachment and his fitness for office, I don't think there'd be much.

I did do some poking around about the history of impeachment in the U.S. Only three presidents through our history have been impeached and none were convicted. Trump is the only president to ever have been impeached twice. Richard Nixon would most likely have been impeached and convicted but chose to resign before that could happen. Here's a bit of background from Wikipedia if you're interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachments_of_presidents_of_the_United_States

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 8.20.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 8.20.27 AM.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    A 2/3 vote of the Senate is required for conviction, @Octoberon, so even with a majority that could be difficult. We here in the U.S. are paying close attention to what the current leader of the Senate, Mitch McConnell does and says in these next days.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Are not "all the things he carries" that you listed actually "the man himself"? If not, who is he? That could be another thread unto itself. Seems to me that we are our character, values, words, and actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten it needs a 2/3 majority. So much for my theory then. How many Republicans would have to vote for it to pass?

16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    He continues to throw his "loyal fans" under the bus. To name just a few in the past couple of weeks..... Mike Pence, Mitch McConnell, Rudy Giuliani. Trump's MO is to like and support loyalists right up until they disagree with him. We here in the U.S. have lost track of the numbers of administration officials who have come and gone in the last four years under Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  17. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Everything seems to be hinging on what Mitch McConnell does. If he votes to convict, it looks like he'll take enough Republicans with him to swing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    At the risk of sounding like Cal, is that an opinion or is there evidence to back up the assertion about Reps following McConnell's lead? I ask out on genuine interest, not to be awkward.

19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Not only does there need to be a 2/3 vote to convict but 2/3 of the members of the Senate also need to be present for to vote. The Senate has 100 members, two from each state.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 8.53.06 AM.png

20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good question. In just doing the math, 2/3 oof 100 is 66.66. So I'd say 67 since no Senator would only count at .66. Although there are a few that seem that way. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2