Featured Uncle Sam’s Scorecard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Callumity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Is it runs past the inauguration I assume that with the majority in both houses (with Kamala) means impeachment would suceed. That would prevent him running for public office again in the future as I understand it. I imagine most Democrats would prefer him to be completely out of the picture, and even a few Republicans at this stage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I completely agree. You should have kept your Inspector Clouseau avatar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I reckon we should not get to excited about the decision to impeach Trump. Whilst I think he is a dangerous man and should be brought to justice, his following are not going to let it go without a big bang. I fear this story has a very ugly ending for many of our American friends and more widely across the world.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Crabtree, Clouseau, liberal.. stop stigmatization :grinning::grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I agree with you in general. If he's cut off from the (ahem) mainstream social media and can't run for office it takes the wind out of his sails as a figurehead somewhat. I reckon things will calm things to a degree. Many Republicans will simply move on to the next presidential nominee but the core supporters will remain deeply unhappy and aggrieved at perceived injustices. There are a lot of guns in America...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I would like to see him "unable to hold public office". In fact can they make sure he cant run the bingo at the old folks home, I would sleep well after that.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    A lot of water to flow before you get to a point when he has been silenced....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Apparently, donald trump jr is thinking seriously about running for the next election.

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Loyalty.

Trump has told staff not to pay Rudy Giuliani

From CNN's Kaitlan Collins

[​IMG]
    US President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani speaks to supporters from The Ellipse near the White House in Washington, DC, on January 6. Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images

Irritated over a second impeachment, President Trump has told people to stop paying Rudy Giuliani’s legal fees, a person familiar with the matter tells CNN, though aides were not clear if the President was serious about his instructions.

Trump has been blaming his longtime attorney and many others for the predicament he now finds himself in, though he has not personally accepted any responsibility in public or in private, people familiar with his reaction told CNN. Giuliani is still expected to play a role in Trump’s impeachment defense but has been left out of most conversations thus far.

Another source of Trump’s ire is Rep. Kevin McCarthy, who incensed Trump further today by saying he bears responsibility for last week’s riot. The President had already been upset with McCarthy after the left the option of censuring Trump on the table in a letter to colleagues earlier this week.

The details about Giuliani’s legal fees were first reported by the Washington Post.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/house-trump-impeachment-vote-01-13-21/index.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Open job for Cal!! ... I'm so mean :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I agree cutting him off media will help in the short term, but over time the issues that got Trump elected will be forced underground without any resolution ready to explode at a later date as @Wessa says in a very ugly way
    America really has to deal with all this openly and now - getting Trump out of the picture is the first step but not in a way that’s makes him a martyr or urban legend.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Classic:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Clouseau is good, but I think you should wear Crabtree as a badge of pride. It'll irritate Conspiracy that you like it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    that'll go well then!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    You haven't noticed the Crabtree allusion under my avatar picture then? :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Cal?

Oh you mean him ...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    It's not new he wants to create his dedicated channel of information (misinformation by the way).
    He already got OANN (he is not owning it, they just run for him). We even had some inanities from this media posted on this forum to "show us the truth".. pathetic.

18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Boys, please... :sleeping:

My question previously was if trump is taken through the courts against the state, doesn’t that give him opportunity to drag on the debate over a stolen election over the next few years?
    Anyone know if that could happen?

19. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It probably would give him the opportunity to try, but I’m not sure he would get very far.

Trump would want to bring evidence of electoral fraud, and he would have two problems:

1 The many failures he has had so far in the courts regarding the election strongly suggest that he doesn’t actually have any evidence of significance. I know that isn’t the same as saying that he can’t find some, and maybe he can. But so far his lawyers have been strangely reluctant to present it in court and/or unable to persuade a judge that it is meaningful.

2 The court would be likely to take the view that it is not strictly relevant to the matter in hand - presumably sedition charges - and in particular that the time and place for it was the relevant state court just after the election.

That won’t of course stop him and his platforms (Fox, OANN, Callumity) bigging it up outside the court itself.

Cal will be along soon to correct our non-legally trained opinions.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    He has been a bit quiet today?
    Edit: not like him ?