Featured Uncle Sam’s Scorecard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Callumity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    To be honest Cal, the amount of money involved in the US election campaigns just shows how corrupt it all is. At least there is a choice of sorts, but how anyone could spend that amount of money and end up with such appalling candidates (on both sides) this time around just beggars belief.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #342 Sprinter, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    My gut feeling is that voters are sick of dead lock and ineffectual politicians exaggerating their abilities, and blustering through term after term, the system is stale.

People were looking for afresh approach. Turns out that's not as simple as it seems
    We are not politicians we only have time between work and home life, to skim the ideas and policies and offer surface perfect solutions.
    Most of us share the desire for quick reactions and steady movement towards what we feel are obvious improvements and easily obtainable goals, So we employ leaders.
    The seductive result of our enthusiastic dreamings.
    This bogs down not only in bureaucracies mid term, also in the middle ground stagnation of getting your candidate elected.
    This vote for Trump, was an attempt by the People to find a new deal. He was gift wrapped and hand delivered to these particular voters.
    A power grab by the ruling classes, beautifully exposing their desire for power as an end, not a means to an end, just an attempt to hold on to what they have, long enough to make more, and on no account change what has worked for them, as well as avoid a more balanced, more shared distribution of wealth .
    As soon as this arises stalemate occurs.
    If you have two objects that equally expand to fill a space. Like two parties fighting for power.
    One wants change and the other status quo.
    Then no matter which has power if the other refuses to change then everything will stay as is.
    E voila the last 3 hundred years in a nut shell Ying and Yang.
    One party only has to jam things up to stop progress regardless of position
    The inevitability of leaders separated, from the normal busy multi faceted life we lead.
    If politics is allowed to become " of its self" it will fail/stall. immediately, and become something else...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Some say thats because we have a monarch whos only job is to occupy the top square and prevent, stronghold building.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    With that I can agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Que?

A1612845-5332-42C4-9C3A-D5A1DB6650F4.jpeg

Don’t ‘skim’.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #346 Sprinter, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020

I think many supporters want to follow a figure not a policy. Can I add that?
    Its easier to follow a person and allow them to change policy, when thing get tough, (cos you only have to believe in their judgment). than to follow and work out your own beliefs that may need changed in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Morals have to be displayed, cos if you keep them in a drawer you take them out and use em when you want, which is immoral. Parade, Im not sure about.

8. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    There will be angels in heaven blowing trumpets Cal :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

"Executive elites", wankers, this is exactly what happens when wannabes get power, they think they are joining " houses of power" and are manipulated by older higher up wankers into maintaining a corruption. If only they would realise they themselves are the power individually, then these houses would fall.

10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

The selection is compromised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Maybe she's the mastermind behind the whole Democrat election fraud. Any moment now Shaggy and Scooby are going to make the big reveal...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Its always going to be a skim if we employ full time politicos. Comparatively speaking

13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Skim? You even sound plastered :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    It's that distilled fermented seaweed juice he produces in his shed. :eek::D
    Save some for me James !!

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    How don't write that!! some "informed" people here may think you're part of the conspiracy. :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I call it Coolaid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I call it ultracrepidarianism.

53AE120E-05A1-4F2C-AAE1-B882C6F77727.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    How long have you been living with this diagnosis?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Not me but journalists and politicians plus a few others. It’s the propensity to gob off mightily about things about which you actually know very little.

I would recommend the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution as bedtime reading. It’s pretty short, a bit dry but potentially quite consequential. I learn things all the time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    You would. ;):D

• Funny Funny x 1