Featured Uncle Sam’s Scorecard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Callumity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Russell Stroup

Russell Stroup Noble Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    As always, follow the $$

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well you can struggle to follow the truth when the sainted Christianne Amanpour comes out with bilge like being ‘truthful not neutral’. So whose truth would that be? Neutrality means telling both sides impartially even if you then indicate a preference. You don’t simply bury the story as has been done over Biden Inc.

3. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    You did Cal, though I’m not sure what the relevance of that assertion is here.

But nonetheless there does appear to have been “a substantial DoJ investigation”

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The Barr statement (if accurately recorded] refers to ‘substantial allegations’. I am not sure where your quoted ‘substantial investigation’ comes from because the election was barely 4 weeks ago. How superficial do you want? That has been the liberal line of ‘nothing to see here’. Which is it?

5. Russell Stroup

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Seems the same as the right wing line of “There’s fraud here, I know it”

• Like Like x 1
  6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Hence my avowed observer status.

7. Russell Stroup

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    And my Independent status. The left is too far left, the right is too far right, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I merely took the Trump-appointed, Republican Attorney General William Barr’s statement at face value and pointed out that it did appear to contradict your assertion that

“There has of course been no substantial DoJ investigation”.

As your assertions are based on your own personal knowledge can we assume that you are privy to information Trump’s camp are keeping hidden from their own Attorney General?

9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Four weeks?! Your expectations of the FBI are wholly unreasonable.

Reports state Barr spent 3 hrs with Trump after that statement. A bollocking wouldn’t take that long.

10. Russell Stroup

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    I guess Trump can’t fire this guy, otherwise he would have already, just like he did to his head of election cyber security who said there was no electronic vote fraud. He also debunked all claims by Trump of vote fraud.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Give it a fortnight. It will either crash and burn or take off. Just my opinion.

12. Russell Stroup

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    My problem is that Trump is stating that there is fraud as fact to the American people. And yes this will end in a giant ball of flames

13. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    You said that before, about two weeks ago:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    This whole situation has no winners, if there has been fraud the democratic process collapses, if there is no fraud the damage has already been done and doubt has been raised in people’s minds
    Now what if there has been a fraud but no one can detect it because there really was a ‘gateway’ into the voting software as alleged by the Paul Gossar affidavit

I do believe we’ve come to the end of the line regarding appointing President Elect Biden, the ramifications will rumble on for years and in due course this election will be immortalised in Urban Myth and become a mainstay for conspiracy theorists

• Like Like x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    On 13 Nov I said the next 10 days would be instructive. They were. We got an outline of the allegations by type and State. We started to see legal tactics and politics taking shape. It was never going to be instant gratification. But Russell is right, the potential fallout means it is a bit like defusing a bomb.

I also said there is no President Elect. CNN don’t have that power, much as they would like it. We have a President and a President Presumptive.

Give it a fortnight. We will then have seen how it plays out in State legislatures and the nature and quality of likely technical evidence. I repeat, it is bigger than Trump. It is about faith in the Electoral system to peacefully transfer power.....or not and every 4 years thereafter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Sorry but it doesn’t wash Cal. Barr said

"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election,"

I don’t know whether he’s correct or not, but that sentence directly contradicts the allegations put out there by, inter alia, Trump, Sidney Powell, Giuliani, and as Trump’s Attorney General he should be an insider on this.

He didn’t say something along the lines of “there’s definitely something fishy gone on here, looks huge but we can’t prove it yet”.

or even “bear with us this sucker could go down”

So what are you seeing that he isn’t?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    And he was right to be fair. I can see what looks like smouldering wreckage ...:p

18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    What am I seeing?

Stuff like this:

Watch it and refute. All of it. She has the ring of truth about her.

19. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It’s not for me to refute or follow up on. But it clearly hasn’t persuaded Trump’s Attorney General, has it?

20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #200 Callumity, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    :laughing:She only gave testimony yesterday AFTER Barr’s statement. You haven’t had time to hear what might hurt your ears!!:joy: