Featured Triumph Trophy based bratstyle

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Angry Sky, Sep 20, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. odinz

odinz Flightless

May 7, 2017
    hull
    Nice one im just at new motor in frame stage myself so very interested in your results

2. Chris Timmins

Chris Timmins Active Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Birmingham UK
    That’s great, feedback from the Dyno guys would be very interesting, especially jet and needle changes. I still have the original exhaust on mine but as there’s no CAT and yours is 3 into 2 the exhaust flow should be similar. My bike has only done 26,000 miles and yours has been rebuilt so vacuumes should be similar. That’s one thing I never checked on mine given the mileage but definitely worth doing. The shims only needed minor changes from the factory settings so the valves are probably in good shape. The bike had been looked at rather then ridden, but it did need a good overhaul, I spent about a grand on it, but the labour was all me. My goal was to keep it’s original look, improve where I could, and get it back functioning as factory.
    Cheers
    Chris

3. Angry Sky

Angry Sky Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Staffordshire
    I'm not sure about the bag either, I was wondering what to do with the battery and electrics when I saw Daryl Dixon's new bike on the Walking Dead built by Classified Moto. It had a similar bag and I thought I'd try it. It actually covers a 4mm aluminium box containing the majority of the electrickery and the lithium battery. I may have a new Ali box fabricated and powder coated satin black at some point.
    The new air filters have arrived and I noticed they also come with new 135 jets which I was not expecting. Once the crankcase breather filter arrives it will be off to Retrotune for the set up and Dyno runs. Then I will be looking at new dash, tyres and upside down forks over next winter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Timmins

Jun 7, 2017
    Birmingham UK
    #44 Chris Timmins, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Hi Sky
    The overall design of the cafee racing by it’s nature is very minimalistic and exposed. So taking your bike completely in another direction in design is not easy on a tight budget so hats off to you. And the most important is your having fun and learning at the same time.
    Yes these are the jets I used, easy to drop in, but a this point having the carbs out I stripped and gave then an ultosonic clean

04530DAB-1729-49CC-994D-038C039C16C0.jpeg

Remember though my bike had been polished more then any mechanical work so I didn’t know the state they were in and the bike was running rough with hesitation

5. Chris Timmins

Jun 7, 2017
    Birmingham UK
    Good luck with the Dino very interested in your results

6. Chris Timmins

Jun 7, 2017
    Birmingham UK
    #46 Chris Timmins, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Hi Sky
    I treated myself to a caffe racer from a bike manufacture for me hasn’t produced the best looking bikes but functionally/quality are up with the best. They certainly did a fantastic design job on this bike, the look is always a personal thing but It’s build quality and design is spot on

97726856-FCD8-417E-955C-EF3277CA9AA1.jpeg

F2463315-3EDF-427B-B46D-1285D210A514.jpeg

ABEBD067-0BF7-4339-A525-8EB811DA9998.jpeg

I have my TRIUMPH tucked away snoozing ready for the spring :) :)

726133D6-0D94-4D23-A6E3-264FDBA460A5.jpeg

7. Angry Sky

Sep 7, 2016
    Staffordshire
    #47 Angry Sky, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Hi everyone! well after a summer of travelling i am back to the build. Quite a lot has happened since my last post and there has been ups and downs but finally the Triumph is running well. I wanted to get it on the dyno sooner but the clutch basket fell to bits and the tps sensor decided to play up, all fixed now. So after that, it finally went to the shop for set up.

The carbs were ultrasonically cleaned, all seals replaced, a dynojet kit fitted, then many dyno runs. The brief was to go for smoothness through the rev range instead of power which is what i got.
    The bike produces over 73hp at 51 ftlb of torque. The acceleration is smooth going a little fluffy right at the top end. Through the mid range it pulls really well which is where it will spend most of its time.

Dyno print out below. Triumph 900 Dyno run.jpeg
    The bike is almost ready for MOT, just waiting for the KOSO dash to arrive. Following the MOT there will hopefully be the following done.

Powder coat wheels and engine cases in black
    Fit Continental Twinduro tyes
    Decide what to do with battery, igniter etc currently residing in aluminium box beneath the seat, (any ideas gratefully received)

Couple of pics of the bike currently.

DSC_0333.JPG DSC_0332.JPG

Ta ta!

• Like Like x 3
  8. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Looks horny, and kinda tall with the open plan back end

9. Angry Sky

Sep 7, 2016
    Staffordshire
    Just had to tell someone... It passed its MOT! No advisories although its only got a daytime not but I'm fine with that.
    Now its not off with the engine covers and off for powder coat along with loads of Raleigh Burner parts. Its going to be a good riding season!

• Like Like x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1