Textile Jacket Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by andyb57, Feb 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I can recommend the MODEKA VIPER LT. Thats a new jacket with a 2 in 1 system which is 100% waterproof. The jacket will not soak wet on the outside and get so heavy like my Alpinestars jacket. An additional advantage is that there is no need to wear an additional waterproof layer like in a 3 in 1 system to get the jacket waterproof.

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Been looking at jackets for a while to replace my 10 year old Frank Thomas Raptor and finally settled on this.....https://www.megamotorcyclestore.co....et-forest-military-green-updating/?fullSite=1
    The FT jacket is still waterproof even though it's not Gortex, has been and still is a great jacket so will replace the knackered Heine Gericke jacket for green laning duties. A couple of local bikeshops had the jacket in stock at the full price of £499.99 but another, even more local store, who didn't even stock Aplinestars, matched the inet price of £329.99 so a big hand to SMC Bikes in Sheffield!:grinning:
    The new Alpinestars jacket is maybe a tad lighter (no big deal) but very comfy and with superior armour and abrasive qualities. It also matches the Street Scrambler perfectly! They also do some Gortex gloves in the same colour scheme, be nice to have the collar match the cuffs.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I use Weise... currently a Dakar jacket...v good and I think would meet your requirements within the budget.

4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    OK, not a jacket but I bought a pair of RST Summer gloves at the weekend and I'm very impressed with the quality. Leather backs and reinforced palms with plastic armour on the fingers and knuckles and only £40.

5. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    For that budget, I would personally look at Richa. They have some nice stuff in that budget range.

For a little more money I would look at something like the Halvarssons Wien jacket, it contains Outlast for temperature regulation. It is also the most comfortable textile jacket I have ever worn.