Tec Aftermarket Parts Experiences?

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by OsteKuste, Dec 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Im looking into some future mods, and being completely OCD I’ll research them to death. I’m just wondering about members impression of TEC as a company as far as quality and service. I’m specifically looking at the upgrade front and rear spring kits for my Cup. I’m also looking at their tail tidy as well. Any thoughts? Oh, I know someone will mention Ohlins but I can’t really justify that kind of money if I can get a decent performance upgrade in the TEC price range. Wish I could though!

2. OsteKuste

Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Thanks, kind of my experience with similar companies then. Any ideas on an option for front spring kits for the twins yet? Or do you think TEC would be a good source for these for the money? I do like the adjustment range they add.

3. OsteKuste

Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    That’s what I like about this forum already, a great bunch of nutters!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    When I had my T100 I fitted the following parts :

1. TEC rear gas shocks - came with medium and HD springs. I ran with the medium springs for a while but when fully loaded they were not strong enough so fitted HD ones and all was great - Paid £89 for the pair;

2. TEC Fork brake and steering damper - excellent quality, complete with all fixings. Great value for money;

3. TEC 2 into 1 full exhaust system - excellent quality and great value, fitted perfectly. Paid £190 IIRC;

The pre & post purchase service has always been FIRST CLASS.

In the last few weeks I've just bought a new full exhaust from TEC for my new Yamaha Tracer 700. If that doesn't convince/reassure you I don't know what will. :p:p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    All the above is indeed high praise from a Yorkshireman:cool:, even if he is currently distracted somewhat by his ongoing missionary service in that there France!:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    LMBO (Laughed my bollox off) !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    fitted TEC fork springs plus X pipe levers and clutch cable guise

All good and well priced

I have lots of other bits from Triumph Remus etc so not just tied to TEC for other stuff

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    I fitted the TEC front progressive spring kit @ spacers all good makes the bike sit nicely on the road soaks up the bumps and handles ok Bonny SE

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I've fitted rear gas shocks and slip on exhaust on mt street twin. Sounds great and rides really well compared to the stock shocks. Service from TEC ecellent, I have no problems with their products at the price they are.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I fitted the TEC front progressive springs and their cheapest rear shocks with no problem. The finish on the bottom rim of the shocks is not brilliant but they look good and are an improvement over the standard ones in terms of the bikes handling. May upgrade at some later point to Hagons but for £59.99 a pair I'm still happy at the moment!

11. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    Did the same but with the adjustable rear shocks. Working quite well, and generally great value for the price.

• Like Like x 1
  12. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
  13. Celticages

Celticages Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    New Hampshire, USA
    I have only installed the TEC bobbins so far and although there's not much that can go wrong with them (knock on wood) I thought they were a great part for the money.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I've got Tec shocks on my T100 and they have transformed the ride. You don't realise how bad the original shocks are until you replace them.

Some people wonder if they can possibly be any good for the price but I'd bet that despite what Triumph charge for a replacement shock the OEM ones are a lot cheaper than the Tec ones.