Featured Street Twin Bullet Drl Indicators And De-grey Winter Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Notso, Dec 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    Answer to this is probably somewhere in the spec sheet, however are the tyres tubeless???? if not can they be because of the cast wheels, I know that most of the spoked twins aren't tubeless.

Got my eye on this low millage, a year ole end of April was registered on the Isle of Man so waiting for reg transfer it does look good.

s-l1600.jpeg

s-l1600.jpeg

s-l1600.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    That's a nice looking bike. I have the 2018 Street Twin, which I think is tubeless. As far as I know the new model Street Twin as in your picture is also tubeless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Last pic, I promise! The sun was out so got a final pic. It's personal, but to me, the bike is looking better than I expected. In particular, I was glad how the burgundy intake cover ties in with the wheel stripe, HT leads and Triumph logo. Really pleased and a sense of satisfaction. I used this picture for my screen saver at work, which was not a great idea as I genuinely get distracted looking at it! I know I have only tinkered a bit compared with some of the projects on here but for me on my nearly new bike there were a few moments where I was a bit freaked by the number of parts, nuts, bolts and washers on the shelf! I will look into performance parts, side panels, sprocket cover and possibly a tank strap next winter.
    20200122_075711.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    #24 beerkat, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    The Street Twin has tubeless tyres on it's cast wheels. The T120 and T100 have tyres with tubes because they have spoked wheels.

The wheels between the 3 models are interchangeable, providing they only have the single-disk up front (I have spoked wheels from a T100 on my Street Twin).

You can run tubeless tyres on spoked wheels if you fit an inner tube. I've had this discussion with my dealer, who would be happy to do it if I want to fit a particular type of tyre, that only comes 'in tubeless'.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Had a closer look at the clutch lever clamp (perch?) on your bike, where the original left side mirror was fitted. There's that little stumpy bit sticking up that the mirror screws into, which I think you've plugged with a rubber bung.
    Did you know you can get rid of that bit?
    The Triumph Daytona 675 clutch lever clamp is a direct swop but without the mirror fixing point. Part Number: T2046510. I paid around £7.00 and took 10 mins to fit. You should be able to see the difference on the pics of my bike.
    Looks much better.

• Thanks Thanks x 1