Vintage Tiger Steamer Gathering In The Sw

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Steamerblue, Jul 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Steamerblue

Steamerblue Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2019
    exeter
    Hi Adie, no can do tomorrow (Uffculme 7th Sept) as I'm busy with work commitments but might be able to do another day this week or next. How are you fixed? Rick

2. Steamerblue

Apr 23, 2019
    exeter
    update on Coldharbour mill, Uffculme - "...The decision has been made not to re-open for the remainder of 2020 as we are beyond halfway through our season, and to come back in a stronger position in 2021. We are aiming to be open for our traditional New Year’s Day Steam Event on 1st January 2021" - Coldharbour Mill website. https://www.coldharbourmill.org.uk/

Willing to get your bike out on the 1st Jan? I'm up for that....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hi Rick. Good call, I reckon.

I've been more than a litle pre-occupied over the past couple of weeks so haven't done ANY prep of any kind for a second meet-up, so I think we'll postpone tomorrow's tentative plans and I'll put some thought into an alternative time/date/place - @Clarkey231 might be available later, too, as he mentioned "mid-September", I think?

Thanks for the update on Coldharbour Mill, too. A meet on motorcycles on 1st. January? Hmmmmm...... probably highly unlikely in my case. Having a bike taxed over winter is a bit of a waste for a dyed-in-the-wool fair weather rider! Never say 'never', though!

4. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter

Wow lots of stuff I’ve missed @Adie P and @Steamerblue!

Is the bloke in Woodbury called Dave Wills? If so he’s a top bloke although I know him for working on my old Golf GTI. I know he rides a Triumph.

I’ve got 5 days decompression now so plenty of time to catch up before I get off the ship on the 14th.

Great news about all the steamer action down near us all. It’s amazing how there’s such a hotspot for Tigers here!

• Like Like x 1
  5. March3110

March3110 New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Torbay, UK
    Hi Guys
    Excuse my ignorance but would you be kind enough to define a "Steamer" please? I ride an '01 955i Tiger, but have never heard the reference before!
    Marc

6. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Hi Mark,

Steamers are the Carb fed 885cc T400. After that came 885cc injected then yours. Yours are referred to as Girlie’s I’m afraid!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. March3110

March3110 New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Torbay, UK
    Well, I have to say that's weirdly appropriate as most of my biking friends call me Girly Marc... but not because of my bike! Soooooo, are there any meets for Girlies or do I have to instigate one!?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Steamerblue

Apr 23, 2019
    exeter
    nah anybody's welcome. Even Girlies!

• Funny Funny x 1