Speed Twin

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Repooh, Oct 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I bought one in May last year. The squealing brakes and triumphs lack of response I gave them it back in November and got the tiger sport and a thruxton. Was a great bike, but the thruxton is as good or maybe even better.

• Like Like x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Su n me did, brakes squeal now n again but who cares :) Triumph themselves are crap as usual as we only just got our letter about gear shift recall lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #83 Wessa, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    The gear shift recall is a funny one mate. My gear linkage sheared within a month or so from new. Triumph told me it was a one off and I would not have problems with the oem replacement. There behaviour with this and the squealing brakes tipped the balance on the bike having to go. Roll the clock forward a year and they publish a recall for the very same problem that they told be was a one off. Figure that.....

• Like Like x 3
  4. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Bought mine back in March of 2019, and still absolutely love it!! Brake squeal hasn’t been an issue for me, very infrequent and minimal when it does actually show up. And I love that everywhere I go people stop to take notice, it’s an absolute head turner!

• Like Like x 2
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Having had this problem on previous Triumphs the first thing i did on collecting the bikes was relocktite the threads on them both, neither bike will be going near a dealer in our ownership.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    I traded a 2018 model T120 to get mine and despite all the restrictions have still put a lot more miles on it that I managed on the T120.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Always liked the aircooled Bonnies.

Finally made a configuration I could not resist.

Similar Street Twin styling just a wee bit more "racey" with "entertaining" geometry, stance and a 17" front and no spokes/tubes, light with a fat torqued engine. (*cough* that was also easy for SHMBO to ride if she desires..this has still to be tested!)

• Like Like x 3