Featured Speed Twin Booster Plug Review

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by meepmeep, Sep 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    I have one you can try out if you don't want to take a chance on buying one. (as long as you are in Hampshire UK LoL). If it doesn't work for you can simply sent it back to me.

2. adrian knight

adrian knight Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2019
    HAMPSHIRE
    Message sent

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vanguard

Vanguard Member

Aug 1, 2019
    UK
    Genuine one for sale with TEC

4. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    MTB im looking at the BP in conjunction with the X pipe, I would say to make a drastic effect on the bikes performance would be engine and gear train upgrades cam/high lift profile, valves and different ratios within the gear box, Unless your racing the only thing you need on a road bike to improve the performance are a set of sticky tyres (Summer only) regularly check the tyre pressures, and get the suspension set up to your weight and riding style.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    there not really there to improve outright performance more to improve the snatchy throttle I didn't find any difference whether that's because I had a decated straight through pipe I don't know. the best mod I have done so far is fitting throttle spacers completely transformed the bike for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Bob, i have been lucky although i have only done app 100 miles on mine, the throttle response was good and the fuelling seemed ok, i will keep an eye on that, every bike i have ever owned comes as standard with throttle slap :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  7. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    every bike I have owned has come with throttle slack doesn't mean I like it☺

• Like Like x 1
  8. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    I did notice a difference, but for the negative. Didn’t feel that I got any positive results from the BP. Unplugged mine, and is just sitting on the shelf. I should probably sell it...

9. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    #29 Flashp, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    I'd agree with you on this. They were advertised back then as being able to improve/rectify stalling problems although this claim seems to be conspicuously absent now.
    I bought one for my Thruxton and it made not a bit of difference. Triumph's update didn't fix my stalling issue either. My fix came in the form of a Power Commander and custom map after which the bike ran better than ever.

Had I not had an issue to address I probably wouldn't have bothered with a BP although I may well have entertained a custom map.

I won't make any sweeping statements about these devices but I will say that for my circumstances it was a waste of money. Luckily I managed to sell it on.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SPC1

SPC1 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2019
    UK
    Fitted a Booster plug to my T120 and drilled a 6mm hole at the base of the air trumpet for the temp sensor to get accurate readings of air temp . Definitely smooths low rpm throttle response and takes the jerkiness out of light load running in lower gears. Everything else is the same so I'm happy to recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    As the function is to trick the ECU into thinking it is cooler and so enriches the fuel ratio, the throttle acceleration is quicker - until the exhaust sensor rebalance mixture.
    On a regular ride you should notice little difference, but hard riding with on/off throttle it is vast improvement on my Speedmaster.
    Mainly purchased because 2018 euro6 cancelled remapping and I added straight pipes, removing cat.

• Like Like x 1