Featured She Lives !!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Thorcusmodee, Jun 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thorcusmodee

Thorcusmodee Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Bit more progress, about 75% there I would say. Tank flatted, exhausts on, lots of little bits done. Quite pleased really.

P1070039.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Coming along nicely mate :cool:

3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Beginning to look like a bike again! :party:

4. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Been a bit quiet this last week, still been working on it but not much worth photographing. The front brakes were a nightmare, now got the right calipers and pads, on and working, all cleaned up nicely. which is more than can be said for the rear caliper, which was a total pig. It cost me fifty quid but one of the slide pins was stuck and I mean really stuck. I got it out eventually but buggered up the rubber boot so have to buy a rebuild kit just to get that one boot, which is not sold separately. Oh well, at least I know the brake works. I have put in a new battery and dealt with a sticking clutch. I now need more paint so I can do the other bits to match the tank, which has now been flatted and polished. I haven't been able to buy a rear brake stay so I am making one, it's a simple job, it will also be stronger than the original. Other thing was I had an overheat problem, the fan wasn't cutting in, another 25 quid for a thermo switch had that one sorted. I have found that the seat lock I have needs a different key to the ignition, so that's going to need to be replaced too. All of this is rather pointless as I am too short to ride the effing thing safely. :-(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Done a couple of minor jobs and some paint work today. I'm not the world's best sprayer sort of bloke type thing but I'm quite pleased with it, not been flatted or polished yet I will give it a week for the paint to harden. similarly I won't try to fit the front mudguard yet. I am very pleased with the colour, I think it's way nicer than the original dowdy maroon. I also think it contrasts better with the black. However I also think I'm attractive to women so I guess that shows the extent of my delusion.

P1070041.JPG

P1070043.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  8. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Very close now. Got to get a fuel tap, there is a panel still drying that goes on the front of the fairing which will hide the wires. It all works, I'm pretty pleased that it's gone from a pile of bits to this in under a month. Still waiting for decals, ordered them 2 weeks ago. Now looking at my Trophy which has a knackered engine.

P1070055.JPG

P1070056.JPG

P1070057.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well done mate :)
    Looking good :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Well ..... I'm impressed!:grinning::cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Good job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Got a petcock today, I stole it off my Trophy with the knackered engine. Oldyam was right, it's a pain getting all the pipes in there and getting the tank on, it's done now though. I got the Trophy cheap because it wouldn't start, I found it was the petcock causing the problem, there's a little vacuum actuated plunger in there that was all corroded and stuck. Managed to free it and and clean it, it now works perfectly. I tested it with my brake bleeding vacuum pump. Put some polish on the red bits and a couple of decals on the side panels, just need some for the tank sides now. I think the only largish job left to do is to get the tyre changed on the rear and the wheel needs painting. I'm off to get a MOT done on my 83 Honda Magna tomorrow, hope to do the other jobs on the Trident later in the week and put in for MOT next week.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Love the look of the magna

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    It is a really nice bike, goes well too. Back in 83 they took the States by storm - 1/3 the price of a Harley, faster, better handling, better reliability. It's got a great v4 engine in it although I never want to have to get the carbs off and back on again as long as I live :) This one was a complete basket case, I sold it today and am already regretting it. Oh well, it makes space for another project :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Just for you, Sprinter

P1070070.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1