Featured Seriously?!? This Happened During A Feckin' Pandemic?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Mar 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yahoo! I'd LOVE to have GMU at my house! What a lovely idea, @chiari1. Perhaps we can have GMU via the hottest tech thing going--Zoom. ;):):heart: And "zoom" is a word that does fit with motorcycles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Wessa. Working on that chin. Some days are better than others but overall my life is good and things will look up. I think I'm using all my bad luck for the year up in one fell swoop! ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Wishbone! No, the flooding could have been far worse so there can be an upside to being home a lot. :joy: Yep, luck is a crap shoot and always changes at some point. When I'm back riding you guys will be among the first to know!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yes to your comment about how 2020 will go down, @Tricky-Dicky. I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers with your woes as well. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Winglad
    Oh, my, Daniel. I am so incredibly sorry to read about all of the horrible things that you've faced over the past 14 months. You are a man of mettle to have dealt with all of this. I am truly glad that you continue to be able to laugh. None of us are alone--but on this one I wish you're weren't with me in having bad luck and death in your life. I will add you--and your dad--to my ever-growing daily prayer list. Hang in there.:heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Billy. I really appreciate (and need!) your encouragement. And I also appreciate that you are coming from a place of experience. Thank you! :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'll give ya $10 for that glass of ice, @crispey! I'd use it to make a martini, which I'm going to do the moment I hit "Post Reply" on this post............. (The Botanist and Vya with a lemon twist).

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Plastic fitting by aquatherm? Some plastic fittings have a lifetime warranty that will cover your house damage. When installed properly, piping in a 150 degree F. Tuscon Attic might be iffy, for plastic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #29 Sandi T, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    And here is said martini! Ahhh... This and the curbside pickup at ZinBurger that Mr. Sandi is off to fetch plus a couple of episodes of "The Wire". Things are looking up. ;):blush:

Edit:
    Oops! Forgot the photo of said martini. Scroll down a couple of posts for that forum-required "proof".

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #30 Sandi T, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Hi, phred. First off, I have a tough time now referring to you as Old dumb arse but if you prefer I'll do my best to oblige. :joy: Secondly, thanks for the info. I'm not sure if it's Aquatherm but can post a photo of it tomorrow or check with my contractor friend whose plumber did the repair. It sounds like the fitting may not have been installed properly, however. But it did hold up for 22 years in an attic in Tucson. So it must not have been a totally botched installation. Can the fitting crack down the road if installed correctly in the first place?? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Yes a fitting can crack from fatigue, from thermal cycling over the years if a proper swing joint or some other means to take care of the extreme expansion and contraction of PE or other plastic pipes. Especially if the pipe hangers in the attic are attached directly to the trusses every 24" and allow little pipe lateral movement. Better to let long horizontal runs sag and squirm around a bit in oversized swinging hangers Your plumber will probably know what I'm talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Just remembered your fitting that broke was near the washing machine that has solenoid valves. This will cause the pipes to jump around and stress fittings due to water hammer when the valves rapidly close. Water hammer arrestors aren't that expensive, and again your plumber will know what I'm talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    IMG_8094.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  14. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I think I’ve spotted the problem Sandi - try stirring the martini instead of shaking it!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield

Just proves t'owd adage... There's allus someone worse off than yaself!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You’re on Sandi T, I’ll pm you my bank details once funds are received I’ll send them and pm you proof of posting, there will be a few t&c’s tho

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Shouldn't that be "shaken not stirred";)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Sorry to hear all this Sandi, if it does not rain it pours I have to agree with you there was so much positivity at the beginning of this year and for it all to go bad yup lets start over again, take care and all the best.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep we all need to stay positive :heart:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Not if you wish to protect your elbow ...!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1