Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Seriously...I didn't go out for a Sunday pootle around yesterday, as its a luxury I can't afford.

Are "they" winning...?

It is too much change, happening too quickly, and with no choice; and it is becoming (if it isn't already) divisive.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. sikatri

sikatri Member

May 23, 2019
    Houston
    #4562 sikatri, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Not the most recent fill, but it’s getting up there. I know this is cheap compared to other parts of the world. It still sucks though. I do plan my trips out more and don’t go out needlessly. 84302716-3285-4A52-95E2-D0FDF0F34131.jpeg
    As for Dolly, love her any way she wants to be, her choice. I read a quote of hers I love, “It takes a lot of time and money to look this cheap, honey,” It’s a business decision she made a long time ago and has worked for her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I wouldn't show for work in protest - not until your collegue is 5 days clear.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I appreciate the solidarity, but we're working from home. :rolleyes:

Maybe she isn't that poorly - not everyone gets ill just because they have a positive result.

But there's something about the virtue signalling that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.... If that's what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sikatri

sikatri Member

May 23, 2019
    Houston
    Understand your thought, but if y’all work from home y’all are quarantined. If she works it’s her judgement.

6. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    You are entirely right! I think my irritation is likely a reflection on my own poor attitude to work - I wouldn't even contemplate being a hero....I'd sign off for 5 days and be done with! :mask:

• Like Like x 2
  7. sikatri

sikatri Member

May 23, 2019
    Houston
    Considering the virus, I’d take the days off as well and rest and recuperate.

8. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    I don’t like letting people down.
    The rules say we don’t need to test anymore so how do people know they have it? The rules also say no need to isolate now.
    I have never in all my working career had a day off sick. I have been off injured three times.
    It’s always easy in any work place to be able to tell which people are the ones to be regularly off sick.

Edit, it does seem that the ones going off sick are the ones that get paid for being off sick. I wonder why that is?

9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Use public transport they say.........me with a flight to France today, booked train to Birmingham with other colleagues as part of the travel plans.........One and a half hours before train leaves, all trains to Birmingham cancelled today :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Heard that he could be quite short with people !

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Really you get what you deserve as we should be castigated for even contemplating air travel...with all its nasty nasty carbon footprints.

It would be better for everyone if life was just sitting at home, in the dark, eating lentils.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Vegetable rights and peace :)

13. DavidS

DavidS Member

Jun 19, 2022
    East Sussex
    Or peas…? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Why motorcyclist get a bad name.
    On Wednesdays my son comes for his dinner and when he was leaving tonight he started to reverse of the drive. Fortunately he stopped before two bikes went passed our drive well above 30mph speed limit. They were going that fast they were a blur as they went by the end of the drive. I could not even make out what colour they were or what make as they were going that fast. I just don’t understand why anybody would ride like this on a residential road. Boils my p!ss so it does.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    that's unusual for bikers to speed through residential areas Steve, maybe they were stolen bikes?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Unfortunately I see it all too often mate, admittedly maybe not to that extent but regularly 40-50 in a 30 : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I must say the only vehicles I've seen speeding in my home town are the racer boys in cars, saying that most Bikers up here are probably age 40 plus, and keep thier speeding for the open road maybe it's different in bigger towns and cities?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    It's a great quote, and she interviews as a humble and funny person, all considered. Great voice, and the stuff she's done with those other great voices, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris, is sublime, (heh heh .. finally managed to use that word somewhere) .. and anyway, even if she is beginning to crumble, there's still room on my pillows for her wigs !

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    They could be @Dougie D , but there were two of them together, so I think it is unlikely that they were stolen. Speeding on the road where I live is a constant problem not just bikes but all vehicles (cars vans etc). Not as extreme as the two bikes but many run in excess of the 30mph limit and continue into the 20mph limit which is only 100 metres further down the road from my drive. The police are often outside my house with a radar gun, but that only works while they are there. As soon as they move on the speeding picks up again. :confused:

20. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Yeah .. give peas a chance !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2