Random good deeds and acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Was bringing my lad back from school the other day and saw a bike parked up by the entrance to Asda car park. Took Robert home and went back to see if i could help at all... a young girl (19) had low sided her bike in the wet. She was a bit shaken up, and had got on her bike having had a row with her mum. I walked her home, sorted out the argument with her mum, then went back and collected her bike and got it back to her house. I’ve offered to help her get everything straightened out on it. Ball is now in her court!

• Like Like x 15
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Or bikers like bragging more than anyone else!:zzz::bomb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    New rider in our club, 25 years old on L plates, wanted to go to a camping rally at East Mersea (the condom rally). we usually go via A14, M11, A120. not for L plates so I shepherded him at 50-55 mph round the A14 passed Bury St Edmunds on a Friday with the HGVs. Apart from his backache he had a good time and we came back at 60-65 with more stops for rests on the Sunday.
    PS he passed his road based part of the test on Monday last and is now looking for a bigger bike.
    One of the younger riders our game needs.

• Like Like x 16
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Red Thunder.
    That is one I would like to recommend my Son Steven for. He worked for a snooty firm in the city. Every lunch time he would buy rolls and tea and sit with the homeless. Plus he picks up pensioner and elderly every weekend and takes them shopping or to where they want to go. So very proud of him.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 10
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Red Thunder.
    Thanks just spotted this. But there was really no need. I just wanted them to go to someone who could use them. But very greatfull for the mention. Plus I got to see a stunning bike.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    You know bikers are really nice people. I have always stopped when someone is in distress. Used to help the young kids around here with their bikes and peds. Until some of them started to arrive on ones I clearly knew were stolen. I do still help but need to know them and the machine. Did only yesterday offer to take a just retired chap over to bulldog to look at bikes. He wanted something to get him back to biking. But waited this morning and he never showed. Maybe he didn't like the idea of going pillion with me.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    New member here, just had to go back and read them all. Keep up the good work!:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Old Phart Phred.
    Welcome to the family. I didn't see any intro in the newbie's section but welcome now. Do show us a picture of your steed And tell us some more. I wouldn't say keep up the good work maybe just don't change what is normal for bikers.
    Regards
    Joe.

9. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #49 GaleForceEight, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Part of it I am sure is that people don't expect bikers to be normal, decent people. Another side of it is that we are closer to the world around us whereas people who have locked themselves away in their cages are to a large extent isolated from their surroundings and therefore have less sense of what is going on outside their cocoon. Also it is easier for us to stop and help since we can do it without necessarily causing a jam - it is more difficult for cagers to do that.

Back on topic... I'd stopped by the side of the road once to have a bit of a leg stretch (old injuries occasionally see my left leg cramping up :( )and a passing chap on a (wait for it... drum roll...) BMW GS stopped to check if I needed help. Kudos to him, and I hope he gets to claim on the karma bank at some stage!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Few weeks back, I was driving to pick my daughter up from school. Was following an old Pug 206 down the road and it suddenly swerved off the road, down a ditch made by timber lorries (too big for the road) and then back onto the road and stopping blocking both sides of the road.
    Reversed back up the road, and put the hazards on, before going back to check on the driver. Was a little old lady and was just sat frozen in the car. Another fella helped push the car off the road, put spare wheel on as tyre and wheel were knackered. She was still shook up, so I jumped in her car and drove her home, my other daughter followed us and took me back to my car. She was so grateful and kept giving us all hugs and thanks.
    I went back to see her and took the wheel and went to the scrappy and got her a wheel and tyre for £20 ( gave the scrappy the full story, so got it cheap).
    After going back and sorting her car, had to go in for a cuppa and ended up blethering for over 2 hours!!!
    Lived a fascinating life, been all over the world, chased out of Rhodesia by Mugabe and loads of other stuff. Plus also how lonely she is now living on her own and no visitors ever coming around.
    So we've kinda adopted her now and been going around about once a week for a brew and a biscuit. Already booked her in for Xmas dinner:p

Just a big softy at heart:cool:

• Like Like x 17
    • Love You Love You x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Excellent Mr Orange :)

You are an excellent fella. Bless you and your family :heart:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wonderful!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Love this, MrOrange. So amazing how life works out when we take the time to help others--heck, even acknowledge them. You've changed this woman's life. And yours. Beautiful. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    What a fabulous story Mr O, you're a man after my own heart and the world would be a nicer place were there a few more like yourself out there :)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there

Life Achievement Unlocked: MrOrange has reached LEGENDARY status.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I believe in Karma MrO, somewhere down the way your kindness will be repaid, but in the meantime you get to spend time with an interesting character who, but for her mishap, you'd have never known, I like stories like this! :)
    Well done you!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

upload_2019-11-6_16-58-59.png
    That should get my beatification cancelled :eek:

:cool:

(“Beatificationis the step right before sainthood. ... But you're not beatified yet! For that level, the Church has to prove also either that you were martyred or that you caused a miracle after your death. After beatification, you're then called “Blessed.” ):p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

If they even dreamed it, they'de better wake up and apologise:expressionless:

DD - you filled that hole in your garage yet ? :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1