Random good deeds and acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I thought this was needed, somewhere we can brag about how kind and considerate us bikers are.

So i will start....
    Today I noticed cars in front serving to avoid something in the road in slow traffic. When I got there it was a bag of rubbish that had blown onto the road. I put my hand up to make it clear I was stopping and when safe I lent down picked up the bag and flung it onto the path next to a pile of bags already there.

I got a thumbs up from the driver behind me.

• Like Like x 9
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    This thread is a great idea RT, there's lots of good positive going on all the time.

A little something happened to me today - a pal from my bar has just got hold of a 125 Intruder, first step on the road to a big bike. So this afternoon he popped round to my place and I fitted him out with a new helmet, leather trousers, gloves, neck warmer. Now he can go out and ride that little bit safer.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I was once following a car towing a boat. The trailer was weaving all over the place and as I accelerated past it, noticed the tyre was flat on the trailer. At the next village, I waved him down, he looked terrified, and actually thought I was police. Informed of his deflated tyre and told him to follow me 2 miles down the road to my house, where I lent him a pump. The tyre was red hot and doubt it would have lasted a few more miles.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    That is golden mate, that is what sets us apart from the cagers
    Truly passing it forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I took a large bag of spuds out to a car for a lady today who was in front of me in the queue.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I'll see your spuds and raise you old lady with stuck petrol cap!!! ;)
    I did love the fear in her face change to gratitude, made me chuckle. :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Sorry posted them on the wrong page

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    You can like it now on the this will make You laugh :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I recall Red thunder (flash man) helping loads of people on his bike :D:D. Even giving petrol to lads who had run out of fuel on the side of the road:)

There was a queue of bikers looking for a free fill behind him:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    #9 Angus, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    I was in the que the other day at the local grocer and the old lady in front of me was short of cash. Unaware that I was behind her she frantically searched for coins and notes to pay the cashier when I stuck a 50 rand note into the cashiers hand and said it's fine. The old auntie was real prim and proper and did not want to know nothing about anybody helping with money. She kept searching and searching in her bag and by now she was more concerned about owing me than the teller and said she is going to draw the cash at the teller outside immediately despite me telling her it's fine really, it was only 13 rand that she was short. As the old lady stormed out to the atm me and the cashier had a chuckle, I paid for my items and left. I never saw her again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You can't win 'em all Angus, but what you did was out of kindness and that's a very GOOD thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Pointed out a small nail in my work collegues rear tyre on his Bonnie.
    He said he had a slow puncture for a few weeks but was jsut putting more air into it!
    I will bring my pucture repair kit in on Monday and sort it for him.
    (Same guy I did a repair for when he had a scooter)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    What, Your spuds?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Carried a 20 ltr tub of paint out to a pregnant ladies car today:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    feck me, where were you hiding, i didnt see youo_O:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  16. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Stopped to help a learner put the chain back on his bike.
    It was dry and a tad rusty, so gave him some tips on making sure it is adjusted correctly and well lubricated...
    I promoted the Scottoiler system to him.
    He was happy to be back on the road as he had been trying a while before I stopped.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Bloody hot day yesterday
    While on the way back from lunch I walk past the local mosque which is next to my office and there was a policman patrolling outside. The bloke was so hot in his uniform, so I came back out with a super large cup of iced water.
    He was so glad for a cooling drink.
    Only took a little of my time but for what they do for us which so often goes unapreciated it was a worthwhile gesture.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Another puncture repaired this morning
    I saw a moped on the hard shoulder, couldn't help him as the belt had come apart (seems quite common on mopeds!)
    But 25 yards up the road was another biker, I pulled up next to him and his evidently deflated rear tyre, it was a very worn rear with a single puncture entry near the valve, he already had someone on the way but they were 30 mins away so I offered and he accepted my help. 15 mins later the hole is plugged.
    I used two air canisters to get some air in the tyre, I made it clear this is just enough to get him to a patrol station so he can inflate it properly, he is to drive very carefully as it is a temporary fix only. He really wanted to pay me for my trouble but didn't have cash (and no way would I have accepted it) and almost seemed offended when I also refused him buying me breakfast at a station!

Good job done for the day :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    This was years ago but I couldn't believe the guy at the time...….Driving my 1981 Scania in Spain (Granollers near Barcelona)the old girl boiled over. Cooling system full of yellow sludge (Thanks to an English mechanic!) it popped piston 7 & 8. I was marooned for 11 days in total. Mechanic didn't speak English nor I Spanish bit by day 11 we could get by & kinda understand each other. Lots of calls between me my boss & Scania uk & the bloody idiot who serviced it the week before! Any how, im stuck there so "Antonio" & his dad give me a opel ascona(cavalier) for the duration of my stay!!! What a family these folks were. In the afternoon I helped their kids with English homework lol(god help em lol) but with their help I could talk to Antonio & the family about the truck. Time came to leave we all had a big steak family lunch & id filled his car with fuel as a small thanks. When he clocked the fuel gauge he tipped!!!! Not happy at all id done that.
    Awesome unforgettable family!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Well done that man, I like the red ones BTW. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème