Thruxton Raising Bars On Faired Rs

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Cooky Boy, Mar 5, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I’ve just a Thornton Hundred stem nut and it’s great quality. I got the Beeline mount one and would def recommend them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. JoeChicago

JoeChicago New Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Chicago Illinois
    I need the Quad Lock one because that's what I have currently in conjunction with a Ram ball stem mount. Not happy with the hole I had to drill and the fact that it's a bit loose (operator error).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy Active Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Devon, UK
    Hi Joe,
    I didn’t have to adjust the cables.
    I have the RS version which may have tidier routing than the R but I’m not certain of that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Hi, can I just check how you do get those circlips out, there are no holes in them to engage my circlips pliers. Don't want to scratch up the end of the bar if possible.
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy Active Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Devon, UK
    I think I used some circlip pliers to push the gap open and they ping off. Make sure you watch where they land!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thruxtor

Thruxtor Member

Nov 5, 2021
    Seattle
    Can someone knowledgeable please confirm the following for a 2020 Thruxton RS?
    The Showa front fork OD is 51mm
    The standard clip-on handle bars are 7/8th inch OD

I am going to get the 3” apex risers and I need to specify this for ordering. Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thruxtor

Thruxtor Member

Nov 5, 2021
    Seattle
  9. Thruxtor

Thruxtor Member

Nov 5, 2021
    Seattle
    I bought a caliper and measured the Showa fork dia and the oem clip-on handle bar on a 2020 Thruxton RS.

The Showa shock OD at the point of installing the riser is 52mm and the clip-on handle bar is 7/8th in (0.88mm). Hope this helps others.

1CB5ACF0-0EF2-4262-9DDE-2CCE8EF7501B.jpeg

B10CAEA5-3F2B-48CC-8A5B-2DF6BED92801.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JoeChicago

JoeChicago New Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Chicago Illinois
    Hey Cooky Boy! A belated Happy Christmas and Boxing day to you. Sorry I forgot to check back in on this thread. I have decided to now get the Apex 3" clip ons because my right elbow has been suffering and still is to this day due to the lack of adjustability. So ordering today, and in response to the quoted response which was a response to a question (I could do that all day) I also have an RS and I did need to adjust the mounting location of the BR and adjust the banjo bolt on the right side. Otherwise...

20210705_153438.jpg

11. Martylaa

Martylaa Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2021
    Wynyard
    Does anyone who fitted these think that long term its a massive benefit then, I'm really thinking about a Thruxton RS but the low bars show me having a 20 deg lean angle on the ergonomics simulators and thats too much for me, but if these gave a comfortable upgrade where I could ride all day I'd get one in a heartbeat...

12. Martylaa

Jun 26, 2021
    Wynyard
    Does anyone who fitted these think that long term its a massive benefit then, I'm really thinking about a Thruxton RS but the low bars show me having a 20 deg lean angle on the ergonomics simulators and thats too much for me, but if these gave a comfortable upgrade where I could ride all day I'd get one in a heartbeat...
    Hi which riser kit did you order for this please and where was it from?

13. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    It’s completely changed my thruccy to a comfortable bike to ride but still tons of fun!

Check out the ABM kits.

14. Martylaa

Jun 26, 2021
    Wynyard
    Managed to go sit on one of these, unfortunately didn't have the time to test ride it which I 'm gutted about tbh, I have to say it did feel quite comfortable and no where near as bad as I was thinking with regards to the lean angle on them.

15. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

Feb 14, 2023
    Kyiv
    Hi, Cooky! Where did you buy this risers? Could you share the link?

16. Webless

Webless New Member

Apr 13, 2023
    London
    #56 Webless, Apr 13, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    Hi Folks, could someone tell me which chrome riser kit is being used here with the Thruxton RS with fairing? I'm looking to buy some for myself (UK) ...I spoke with Triumph today and they advised its not possible as the bars will be restricted by the fairing on the full range of motion and will fail the MOT. Cheers Steve

17. Webless

Webless New Member

Apr 13, 2023
    London
    Hi Folks, newly acquired Thruxton RS with the dolphin fairing and I called Triumph re fitting clip on risers, they said they won’t fit them as with the fairing it limits full range of motion and will fail the MOT.

Can I ask if those with a fairing have ran into any MOT issues and possible to confirm the part number.

Many thanks
    Steven