Featured Not Sure If This Will Interest Anyone But Ill Post It, Bonni Build

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Adventure Boy, Nov 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adventure Boy

Adventure Boy Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Ok progress for today, the seat cover arrived today and although I wasnt going to fit it untill the bodywork was removed ready for paint I thought, why not so I fitted it
    also I removed the rubber knee pads on the tank as they wont be going back on the bike once its finished
    hard to work out if I prefer the bike without them or not !!
    Rob 12.jpg 11.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Nothing really happened to the Bonnie over the weekend as still waiting for parts to arrive
    Bars have finally arrived, clutch cable kit,swing arm removal tool, one brake pipe, but its grey not black and its such a pain in the butt to install I doubt ill fit it for now and replace it later !!,
    colour has 99% been decided its a 2020 Chryseler rootbeer which I will mix with a little Nissan copper and pop a little more flake in which I think will look nice, will post piccies when I start the job, in the meantime ive fitted a set of Decat Akrapovic headers to the R1250GS Rallye and it does sound a lot fruitier,
    Rob

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Well no comments so i think ill end this and just show a piccie of the bike when finally painted but rhe bars went on the bike yesterday and yes it really was a faf heres a few pics, the bars are a lot nicer and exactly what I wanted

thumbnail_IMG_0056.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0055.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. John Bentall

John Bentall Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Enfield, North London
    Rob. why did you have to remove the swingarm?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    To replace the front barke pipe that goes to the ABS pump,

Bike is now complete and as I want it, albeit ive just been offered a pair of Alloy wheels from a 2021 bike which I think ill have as I do prefer the alloys over the chrome wheels,
    just waiting for the short front mudguard to arrive then ill strip it down and paint the whole lot with a open face helmet to match
    Ordered the Antique 4 bar tank badge, also ordered the Triumph Bobber tank Letters in Gold so will see what looks better once its all painted and polished
    Rob

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Well done Rob, I'm enjoying your progress. I have a T100 from 2003 which I am gradually lightening and fiddling with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    Excellent job mate :) Out of interest did you have to modify the wiring to the switchgear? I was really interested in getting a Street Twin or a Bonneville when they first came out but found the stock bars too low and narrow but our local Triumph dealer told me it was impossible to change them due to the wiring not having any slack in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    No He was not telling the truith im afraid
    the bars ive fitted are wey bigger and the only things that needed extending was the Clutch cable and the front brake pipe the cables were fine and I was worried as mine is fly by wire
    ive got a spare set of bars, spare longer clutch cable and front brake pipe to do the job if anyone is interested
    the whole lot comes to about £150
    I can also do the complete job if needed it took me about 5 hours id say

Rob

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Shorty front mudguard arrived today and was fitted I think it sits a little too high so ill adapt the bracket or make another one that sits a bit lower, almost ready for the strip down and respray now all the bits are here,
    Gold head stud covers also arrived and was fitted along with some nice brass slotted screws in various sizes for the old look

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. tim scott

tim scott Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2021
    Kent
    AB
    Just read your entire thread - kudos to you for your skills and vision, really looking forward to seeing the finished article :)
    Bike mods are a very personal thing, I like the rubber pads and wire wheels on my bike (I know I know I haven’t had a puncture yet …) but very much respect the effort you’ve put into your project to make such a unique looking machine. Keep up the posts and the good work & happy new year all

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Thanks so much for that although unfortunatley I have been tempted by another bike so this very well sorted Bonnie is up for sale 3800 miles 2017 17 plate mint condition £7695 have all photos and list of everything thats been done to it any interest
    07984 223965 Rob IMG_2758.JPG IMG_2739.JPG

• Like Like x 2