Featured Not Sure If This Will Interest Anyone But Ill Post It, Bonni Build

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Adventure Boy, Nov 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adventure Boy

Adventure Boy Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Ok here we go
    Back in the day I owned a very tatty 1969 T120R which was relable but scruffy so I set to work and stripped the bike to nothing referbed everything and had all the tinwork resprayed in XR31 convertable blue, The bike was a proper eye catcher and gained attention everywhere I rode it, unfortunatly I dont have any pictures of it !!

anyway I bought a 2019 T120 Bonnie with the thoughts of attempting of making it a sort of replica Homage to what I had
    I only thoght of this and to make a thread of it after Id bought some bits and fitted them so no installation pictures but I can take some Pics of the installed items

My plan was to install a set of low ape hanger bars albeit that could be put on hold as ive ordered a set of bar risers and thats a whole lot easier than fitting a new front brake hose !! (youtube it ) its not easy
    fit new rear shocks (On Way)
    fit front springs and pre load adjusters
    new Tyres (will be here today)
    lots of Blingy bits (On going)
    fit V+H pipes (Done)
    Fit a X Pipe (Done)
    42 Tooth rear sprocket (Ordered)
    have the tank, front and rear mudguards,side panels resprayed in Candy Rootbeer
    have the seat covered with a diamond stitched light brown cover
    Gold old style Bonneville side badges (Ordered)
    4 Bar Tank Badges (Done)
    LED front and rear indicators (Done)
    Fly screen (Done)
    Yellow Headlight bulb (Ordered)
    new top handlebar clamp (Done)
    Triumph Clutch cable holder (Done)
    Fake carb covers (Done)
    Front Brake Resi Cover (Done)
    Small metal numberplate
    private plate 3 numbers 3 letters to disguise the year

Ill Try to upload a picture of the bike now to show you the start of the transformation if anyone wants any spacific pics of the bits fitted so far give me a shout

Rob thumbnail_IMG_0841.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Sorry for the spelling I was rushing and not reading it back, and I have big sausage fingers !!
    Rob

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good story mate and the bike looks fine. Don’t worry about your fat fingers there are lots on here have similar problems :) Keep the pictures coming.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adventure Boy
    Welcome to the family. Great intro and thanks for sharing the picture of your steed. Here in the asylum the inmates do like pictures makes it easier to read. And black to boot they do favour black one of the favourite colours. Yes do send pictures of the changes or do the story in the projects and rebuilds section for us all to follow with you and ask any questions you need to. There are a lot of clever peeps here that know their stuff.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Cheers guys I will proceed then
    Fitted the front tyre today but hels back on the rear as the rear sprocket and IKON Shocks should be here by Friday so Ill do that lot on Friday, hopefully leaving me the bike for the weekend should I choose to use that over my New 1250GS Rallye !!
    I didnt take any piccies of the front tyre as that would really bore people LOL

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adventure Boy.
    You never know. Some people like a bit of rubber now and them.
    Joe

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    HA HA Ill bear that in mind !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Crack on sir as said we love a good build on here especially with lots of pictures, looking forward to it.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Greetings, Adventure Boy, and welcome to the forum. What a fine introduction you've made! Thanks for sharing the photo of your T120 Bonnie and, yes, please do share more photos with us as you continue your customization process. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! I wish you all the best for your project!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John Bentall

John Bentall Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Enfield, North London
    Hi Rob,

I am curious to know why you chose IKON rear shocks when the Hagon factory is less than 5 miles away from you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. John Bentall

John Bentall Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Enfield, North London
    Hi Rob,

I am curious to know why you chose IKON rear shocks when the Hagon factory is less than 5 miles away from you.

John

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Hi John
    I bought the IKON shox used for half price so had to have them, I know Hagon's very well I used to service some of the equipment they have installed there great guys they have done quite a few wheels for me, so would have used them if these did not come up

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Ok started a couple of bits today removed Exhausts etc to change the rear tyre and fit the new rear 42 tooth sprocket that arrived this morning
    I was going to do it all when the shocks arrived but I dont think they will be here till Friday Im going to try to upload a few piccies at once bit if not ill do it one per post
    Rob 20211124_140240.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Heres one showing the size of the std to the 42 tooth rear sprocket 20211124_140458.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Heres one with the Sprocket fotted to the wheel and the new Avon tyre ready to go back on the bike. I Hate the original tyres as the side walls are so hard they appear to be made of concrete however if anyone wants or needs a pair that have not been repaired and have only done 3K miles for free they are here for the taking Im in Romford Essex 20211124_151121.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Bike all back together and ready to go, I doubt ill get a chance now before Friday, I think ill have a little ride on it before I fit the Shocks, I tried to order a full set of front fork springs and adjusters however TEC are closed at the moment for the Black Friday Sale, maybe they will discount the kit
    Woohoo
    I took loads of pictures of the bits that ive fitted in the last week but I wont post them (unless someone wants me to) as im sure everyone knows what a set of pipes look like!!
    I mixed up a paint sample today and did a spray out but it was a bit too red so ill keep on trying till I get the right colour and ill show it to you all 20211124_160635.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adventure Boy.
    Great pictures and write up. Well done on the work now go out there and enjoy.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Fitted the Beeline Moto today managed to get it nice and neat behind the screen also fitted the booster plug, and IKON Rear shocks that also turned up today, hopefully it will be dry in the morning so I can have a go before all the TEC Parts bits and pieces arrive
    Rob

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Adventure Boy

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Some more piccies of the job
    New Shocks fitted, test rode and the difference is beyond belief cant wait now for the fromt lot to arrive also the 42 tooth rear sprocket makes the bike a very different animal it really has got 6 useable gears so much nicer than the std rear sprocket thumbnail_20211127_133552.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1