Featured New Owner With Plans For The Cat & Fiddle Pub

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by steve lovatt, May 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Wow, there's a trip down amnesia lane! Not been up there for some years now, the cameras killed it for me. Back in the early 90's we were up there most weekends and fine Summer evenings doing the Macclesfield, Cat & Fiddle, A54 Bosley loop. It got some very bad press with frequent fatal accidents so I guess it was inevitable that some form of permanent policing would emerge. Prior to the fixed cameras the Police would sometimes use a spotter aircraft in radio contact with bike cops on the ground to pick off those who were 'racing" It was a favourite route of some of the biking magazines when testing new bikes.
    We did stop at the pub ccasionally but it was the route itself which drew us up there.

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The TT wannabes film their own accidents, @Yorkshireman?? :p I wonder if it's related to posting on YouTube or Instagram or some such thing. What unbelievably crazy behavior.:confounded: And of course it winds up ruining it for others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I remember this being on TV at the time. Checkout the size of the camera!

4. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    I used to go cat and fiddle when I lived in sheffield but there was so much knobhead riding we gave up and went elsewhere in the end.

no cure for stupid.......

• Agree Agree x 2