Featured New Member, New Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Iron, Dec 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Guest

Not likely to see any Ironheads here, only little old me of course.
    Coming along, coming along.
    Engine in frame with a little help from the Admin Staff.

00001.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Iron

Iron Guest

#122 Iron, May 28, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2021
    Mostly put together finger tight to keep the parts off the work benches. White primed bits need painting and there's other stuff to do.
    Steve Zodiac said he needs to balance his work and home life so XL5 will have to be parked up for a bit. XL3 and XL4 need some maintenance.
    Fireball will be back

00001.jpg

Best go and have a lie down:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Iron

Iron Guest

Loosely assembled so I don't lose all the bits. Painting to do.

00001.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Iron

Iron Guest

#124 Iron, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2021
    So, have decided to sell as a project as I've other things to get sorted out. It'll only sit in the corner forever going rusty while I ponder and it'll infect my weenie brain, so better for me to pass on.

0005a.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Damn, I was enjoying that build.

Make sure the new owner takes up the story!

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Iron
    Shame you pulled the plug on the rebuild i was watching and waiting and it was coming on famously.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Iron

Iron Guest

Yes, sorry gang.

You know how it is, something else comes along and jumps up the 'to do' list.
    If it doesn't get what I want I'll cover it in oil and put it into hibernation until I get round to it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron

Iron Guest

Now sold, thanks gang. Over.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Sad. But happy, too.

NEXT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Iron
    Someone has gained a really decent project. And sometimes you have to pull the plug.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tod

Tod New Member

Aug 14, 2021
    Brackley
    And so the story continues through the worm hole to Northamptonshire. Probably less TV21 references and with all the cut backs less episodes. It's number four in my list of builds and is resting in my storage.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Welcome Tod,

Hopefully it won’t be too hard to fix the mistakes @Iron made on the project bike ;):joy:

Out of interest, what else are you working on? Are you a expert spanner wielding artist too?

Got any pictures of your projects?

@Iron, I am of course totally kidding about the need to fix anything you did!

13. Iron

Iron Guest

Tod
    Welcome to here. Enjoy.

PS to all the gang - wait till you see what Tod's got hanging around. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Tod

Tod New Member

Aug 14, 2021
    Brackley
    I've got a few bikes At the moment I'm blasting about on a stock Street Twin and a 2004 T100. For local trips I was using a 1962 Speed Twin but got a flat on Tuesday. On the bench is a T140 with a single carb head, I've just taken the Lester mag wheels off it and the Hurricane seat and panel unit as they are going on a TR7 I've got. The T140 will be sold once I've finished a few bits. The TR7 has a nice engine, the front Lester is fitted after I sorted out the spacers and made a pressure washer up to go on the end of the spindle and miss the drain screw on the fork leg. The back wheel is in but needs tightening.
    Down the storage is a TR65 I finished a few months back and my T140 I can't decide whether to sell either of them.
    Lined up is a 2001 Bullet I'll turn into a simple custom - the hipsters will call it a bobber . There's a Constellation I bought because I used to have one I expect it'll be like an old girlfriend. There's a T100SR that's got a lot missing and I'll sell, a 5TA that's had a T140 front end nailed onto it. The bloke I bought it off paid a fortune to a shop to sort all the problems only to have them do an expensive paint job on the tank, fit manky second hand parts and mess the clutch up. I'll sort that out.
    I'm delivering a T140E tomorrow that was one of four I bought from a deceased estate.
    Busy busy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Wow!

That’s quite a collection. The are those on the forum that salivate over a photo (or more) of such things…

Don’t post any personally identifying information should you have any snaps.

Cheers

CB

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tod

Tod New Member

Aug 14, 2021
    Brackley
    I tried to post pictures but the files are too big even from my phone.

• Like Like x 1