New Here And From Canada.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Davvid, Jun 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome Davvid.

2. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Yes I feel that the roadster maybe too high for me. Unfortunately they told me that the Classic is no longer in production so the dealership does not have it. I have to look for a used one and I am now looking for one.

3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    The Roadster seat is not high. It depends on your height - it's the reach to the pedals you have to consider - remember the classic is a forward foot position.

4. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    I am 5 feet 9 inches. I felt that on the roadster that when I put my feet down then I cannot put the whole of the foot. I have not seen the classic yet. Yes currently I have a Kawasaki Vulcan classic 900 where there is foot boards. I like the footboards more that just the pegs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    The above seems a good buy - but of tidying and maybe make profit:)

6. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Update. I rode both the Rocket 3 roadster and the Thunderbird and though the R3 is a very beautiful bike, I felt very uncomfortable with the height and the position of the foot pegs and the gear shifts and on the right the brakes.
    My only complaint but is a huge problem for me as it started to sort of pain and cramp in my hips.
    So I am now leaning towards the Thunderbird.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve always fancied a Rocket 3:cool:
    But they’re bloody huge :eek:
    Dunno if I could live with one and it would be a lot of money if it didn’t suit me :(

8. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    It is huge but so easy to ride once you get it moving. The hard part is pushing it out of the garage. LOL. But the position of the pegs make your knees so high and I wonder is it is the same with the classic and the touring? I know they do not make these two anymore but even a used one would be good if the pegs are lower and a bit forward.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20180622_154533.jpg You could always try these if you have trouble touching the floor with both feet.
    Tucker

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1