New Here And From Canada.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Davvid, Jun 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Hi I have just joined here and would love to get a Triumph Rocket so trying to get as much information I can get here before I buy it.

2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Welcome aboard from sunny England, the rest of the gang will be along shortly to say hello and some I'm sure will offer you advice on the Rocket, all the best for finding your next steed

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Davvid and welcome to the forum :)

6. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Davvid, welcome to the forum!

7. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Cheers mate. I will be hopefully getting a ride in the next few hours. I am going to try both the Rocket and the Thunderbird. The only worry about the rocket is the weight of it.

8. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Good morning and welcome in. Good luck on choosing the right bike!

9. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Me and a mate also looking at getting one discussed the weight just yesterday, unfortunately other than helping someone pick one up at a filling station some time ago my knowledge of them is little to none! I do remember it was a joined effort to get her back up after the chap driving it tipped it over right next to a pump whilst filling.

10. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Welcome in to the ‘nut house’

11. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    An update. Unfortunately due to the heavy rain today, I was not able to do a test ride. I only got to sit on it and start the engine. Yes the sound was the most beautiful sound.
    A salesman was trying to sell me an Indian but the Indian was at 25,000 CAD while the R3 roadster was only 16990 CAD. There is no way I would be silly enough to fork out 16990 for an Indian when I can get the R3 for the same price.
    The downside is that when I sat on it and put my feet on the floor I cannot put it flat and only it was half of either foot on the ground. I am 5 feet 9.
    So hopefully I can get to ride it next week when the weather is better.
    I also got to sit on the Thunderbird Storm too and it is a very nice bike too and a lot lighter and lower than the R3. But the sound of the R3 and the feel of the power is really something else.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    The only one they had was the Roadster. They said the Classic is not longer in production. I have to look for a used one to see what other options are available. Yes it is a huge bike and that is my biggest worry.

13. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    I do not think so. The seat itself is not the issue but I think the tank and the way it was designed was not probably for shorter guys like me. I will try more variations next week when I actually get to ride it. Personally I think Triumph would have been better off to keep their original tank design than go for this hybrid sort of a design between a BMW style and the Triumph style.

14. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Thank you very much. Yes I have not much information on the R3. I rode my uncle's Triumph which I think was a Tiger Cub when I was very young. It had the gear shift on the right side. By the way this was before I moved to Canada.

15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Mate of mine has a Rocket with a maverick seat fitted :)
    Takes a couple of inches off the seat height and is very comfortable :blush:
    I’ll see if I can get a picture up :p

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

There you go :)
    I have one fitted to my BPOS (Speedmaster) and it’s more comfortable than the triumph seat :) doesn’t look it but it is :cool: 15DE7AA7-B3BD-4B73-B33C-BCFBFB16F520.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    That’s one good looking Rocket. Don’t think I’ve seen a one with that colour combo, the seat goes really well. Gorgeous machine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Thank you. Thats very interesting. It sure looks good. Lets see how I feel when I ride it next week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I recently bought a Scrambler and I had the same problem, tippy toes only at a stop. After some research, I fitted it with a pair of TEC shocks for a Bonneville, and that solved that problem. Simple and inexpensive to boot.

20. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Seat height is not the issue - it's the forward riding position that you have to feel comfortable with. The R3R pegs are nearer to the rider and so feel more responsive. If you are of short stature - ride both the classic and Roadster, then decide.