Featured Tiger 1050 New 2016 Tiger Sport

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by tcbandituk, May 17, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I've got E41 panniers (had them years) and an E55 top box.
    I've heard bad and good about the comfort seats, I'll probably get the original redone to what I want.

2. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Did you keep the stock exhaust? Think I'd need something with a bit more bark, possibly something like a SC project exhaust.

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    No, I fitted the Scorpion end can I had used on my 2015.

20160527_151607small.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Have you considered the gel inserts that can be fitted into your seat ?
    Cut away some of the foam and replace with the gel pad.
    I did read though where the gel seats can get hot through the summer and can be a bit uncomfortable.

5. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    That looks like a nice bit of kit.
    With your long distance holidays albeit once or twice a year I would personally budget that into your holiday expenses as an essential and spread over the life of the seat, 10 years ? Cheap as chips!
    Alternatively have a good upholsterer take a look at the seat and customise the padding to suit.
    Everybody says how comfortable the Kings and Queens seats are, but they are not to my liking for the Bonnie, another option ?

7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    The problems sorted for this year, I'll be sitting in the Jeep as it tows the bike trailer down to the Camargue :)
    I know it's 'cheating' according to some but it's cheaper and easier for the two of us than riding down to the South of France.
    And we can bring a lot more vino etc back ! :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Lol. Sounds like a great plan to me!

9. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    My other half is test riding one on Saturday, along with a Thruxton R. Looking for a possible replacement for her Street 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    Bought mine in October 2016. I have not done as much riding this year as I would have liked owing to family injury but now have just shy of 14000 miles on the clock. I honestly don't think there is a better bike made - at least for me. I am 5' 11" and 14 stone 7 lbs with a 31 inch inside leg. I ride with an airhawk saddle and find it means that the knee bend is just right for my arthritic knees. I might consider lower foot pegs at some point as I have never come near to scraping a peg as yet. I get between 53 and 60mpg depending on the weather and the roads. The handling is lovely, totally planted and the suspension copes with anything you throw at it. I have had two sets of front brake pads, am on my second front tyre and third rear. Just had a new chain and sprockets fitted.
    Moans - Lings charged me £700 to do the 12,000 mile service. It is top heavy and shoving it round a car park can be problematic - weight disappears as soon as you are rolling. The paint behind headers is peeling - but you cannot see it so I am not fretting. I would like a low level exhaust but no one makes one that will fit with a centre stand. The screen is noisy but there is no buffeting. Other than that - fantastic piece of kit. I tried a Tracer 900Gt and it is crap compared to the Tiger.

11. Lumpster

Lumpster New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    South Bucks
    Yes, one allen key in tool kit is correct <I base this on the Triumph tool kit I have> Unless we’ve both been mugged off, lol.
    Yes, mirrors go fuzzy/Vibrate (creates a halo affect with car headlamps at night, lol) though difficult to know what type of car it is when it occurs at those revs. If bothered, I pull in clutch briefly and vibration reduces a lot, so it gives a better view in the mirrors. Its a minor irritation.

12. Wayne R

Wayne R New Member

May 1, 2019
    Prestatyn
    I have 2014 triumph tiger sport, I have just changed my chain and sprockets and have noticed a small amount of oil which I think has come from behind the spline that the front sprocket seats on. My question is, is there a seal that has worn around the spline ? I have searched in my Haynes manual and can't see anything, and can't seem to find anything online, can anyone help me shed some light on this please.

13. Wayne R

Wayne R New Member

May 1, 2019
    Prestatyn
    I have 2014 triumph tiger sport, I have just changed my chain and sprockets and have noticed a small amount of oil which I think has come from behind the spline that the front sprocket seats on. My question is, is there a seal that has worn around the spline ? I have searched in my Haynes manual and can't see anything, and can't seem to find anything online, can anyone help me shed some light on this please.