Featured Rocket My Name Is.......

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, Mar 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    So ya bike is named after the mutt on Corrie then? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yep :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just offering an appropriate name mate, and less of the name calling you twat

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    One vote for Helmut right here ;);)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    You could just call it Jerry... ?
    Appropriate & most likely original....? ;)
    Although I've got to admit, I REALLY like clitoris :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    Very nice mate. enjoy!
    Love the intro.
    I'm imagining Meatloaf playing in the background .... (just don't end up like he did in the song :worried:)
    Great name too (I might name my bike Fluffy now, as it's Only a 1200!:joy:)
    Ride safe:):cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    If I was a giiiirl, I'd def be a rug-muncher, coz I just don't find mens bits attractive... although when I owned a GS,(for a short while) I was starting to find women in laderhosen a bit nice!.. So, before it could develop into anything shady, I chopped it in for the Scrambler, and I'm all better now!:laughing:
    Beware, the BMW is a threat to your masculinity! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Nice bike Dilligaf...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. T120Ace

T120Ace New Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Poole Dorset
    T120 ace completed 450 miles rusting anyone else have this problem

F1F38588-33B8-4FB8-8215-4A5031CC487B.jpeg

15F06AFB-FAF3-4EDE-B03F-33B111A44CA3.jpeg

8A80BC93-BD92-47C0-9A0B-BB3BE3FF4CB1.jpeg

B58C309A-83B7-4678-847F-13B166A120EE.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Wow, that doesn't look good.
    Have you cleaned, dried and protected the wheels at all in those 450 miles?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. T120Ace

T120Ace New Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Poole Dorset
    Yes as you are all aware it has been the wettest February on record it’s is impractical to dry out it when you ride it to work bearing in mind the dealership left it in the rain for a week when it went back for the warranty issue which they tell me is not covered

13. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    DERAIL!

There is a design compromise with bike discs because they are fully on show. Your typical car rotor is partially hidden and grey iron (a type of cast iron) because it has excellent friction characteristics at the right price/performance point. Bikes usually have stainless discs to resist corrosion but ‘stainless’ is a pretty variable term. The extra chrome and nickel reduce friction.....
    Unfortunately road salt with water greatly exacerbates the problem along with different adjacent metals (see spokes and nipples). These things just need a lot of love and a 60s Bonnie had high quality British Chrome and drum brakes that did not stop half as well on skittery tyres.....
    I tend to wipe off with WD40 and clean the friction area with Superdrug’s finest (dirt cheap) nail varnish remover (acetone)...... and avoid salt spray because I can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Even still, with just 450 on the clock that is not good. What was the warranty issue and which dealer was it?, I'm Dorset based as well.

16. T120Ace

T120Ace New Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Poole Dorset
    No not good at all Triumph say it is neglect looks like profit over quality to me
    It is with Three legged cross motorcycles not covered under warranty as it is my neglect having only covered 450miles in 8weeks on the road having cleaned and garaged the bike every night after work clearly profit over quality

17. T120Ace

T120Ace New Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Poole Dorset
    No not good at all Triumph say it is neglect looks like profit over quality to me
    It is with Three legged cross motorcycles not covered under warranty as it is my neglect having only covered 450miles in 8weeks on the road having cleaned and garaged the bike every night after work clearly profit over quality

18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Given the short period of time that you have owned the bike I would
    1. Write to Triumph and express your concerns regarding the quaility of the bike.
    2. Go back to the dealer and quote the sale of goods act. There is no way that your bike meets the expected quality that you should expect. I would advise them that unless they address your concerns with Triumph to your statisfaction that you will be taking legal advice.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54/2015-10-01

This a copy and paste of clause 14.
    Implied terms about quality or fitness.

(1)Except as provided by this section and section 15 below and subject to any other enactment, there is no implied [F15term] about the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of goods supplied under a contract of sale.

[F16(2)Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.

(2A)For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.

(2B)For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a)fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied,

(b)appearance and finish,

(c)freedom from minor defects,

(d)safety, and

(e)durability.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    I ride my bikes for about 11 months of the year but tend to stop when/if the salt goes on the road. In Winter I paint ACF50 all over the bike and spray daily with Scottoiler.
    This can be left on and reapplied after each ride.
    Obviously just keep away from brakes and tyres.
    The rust spots on your discs look really bad, the friction part will wear off with use the other parts I would use brake cleaner and just rub with a rag ..keep using until gone.
    The discs on my Harley Dyna never got that bad though...its hassle but they need to be wiped and sprayed to disperse the moisture after every wet ride.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #60 Winglad, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Don‘t we usually go off-topic into the mental ward? (Like: Where is nursey with the medication...)

This is a totally new quality of loosing the thread‘s main direction!

I‘ll take my jacket...

;)

(I mean no offense, @T120Ace but this thread meant to celebrate @dilligaf ‘s new bike and not to discuss Triumph fucking up their darned quality management (my Bonnie had corrosion on the rims and some metal parts after a few months as well and it did not even know how to spell the word ‚salt‘)).
    Just saying...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1