Featured 765 I Never Did Fall In Love.

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Hoffnungslos, May 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    How did you manage that photoshot?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Insta 360 camera, did you not know @Hippo-Drones is a YouTube sensation in the making!! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    i am intrigued where exactly is the camera

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    There mate.

Screenshot_20200525-090304.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    :) As @Rspete mentioned, I use 360 camears, this was taken with an Insta360 One R
    It is attached to the bike with a short selfie stick via RAM mounts on the bars
    Yup, the shadow shows the secrets! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Hippo-Drones
    You know about being naked on a motorcycle very dangerous. Not to mention cold.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Hi dude i respect your right to not like any bike you feel like. I understand why you feel this way. I love my ST3 and thought there couldnt be anything wrong with it but having ridden a Sprint for a while as well, the calmness at high speeds is certainly missing on the ST3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    One of my favourite roads is the Braemar Glenshee road. Absolutely love it on my triple. Sorry to hear you don’t get on with yours. I absolutely hate motorway riding for much the same reason, but I avoid them where I can.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    But that is what I love about the ST3. I don’t want calmness or a smooth ride. I enjoy the energy of the bike. I love that crazy power that feels like it is alive beneath you ;);)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    I hit 112 mph yesterday and didn’t have any issue, but I am short so that probably plays a big part.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Same here and I’m tall. I enjoy mine but each to their own. Like you said that crazy power when you crank it and the revs pick up...then the sweet music starts... mmwhoooo 2nd...3rd .... 4th.. If you could get a hoover to suck like that it would rip the carpets out :grinning:That little 765 motor is mental and very capable in the right hands. Not the point I know... just saying. No point in hanging on if you don’t enjoy it, sell it and move on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I'll wear latex gloves and a face mask! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Why was the PCP deal bad? I was thinking of buying a new bike using this, so interested to hear of any pitfalls. By the way, I agree with you fitting that extended mudguard thing. I think I'm showing my age, but why don't bikes come with proper bl**dy mudguards nowadays - the front ones are so short they throw sh1te all over the radiators, and the years throw it all up your back and all over the rear of the bike. Style over substance.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Simon64ds

Simon64ds Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2020
    Sussex, UK
    My creaky old knees won’t put up with the footrests on a Street Triple for more than an hour or so, which means, much as I admire them, I can’t have one. But if yours isn’t inspiring you to ride then it has to go. Too expensive for a garage ornament.

The humble T100 fits me OK (for now) and I was out ‘testing my eyesight’ earlier today..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Hoffnungslos

Hoffnungslos Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    #36 Hoffnungslos, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    the scramblers a fun bike isn’t it, I actually had a Street Scrambler, il find a photo and put it below. Had some good ride outs on it and felt very posh sitting up proudly. Taking it off-road was a bit of a worry, felt heavy but oddly it shifted really well in the mud!! Ended up missing the road power and trading it in but I will get back to the chill rides on a similar style at some point in my days I’m sure.
    The rocket is a machine eh!! There’s a chap up here in Aberdeen with one and you certainly hear him coming :)

C44FD06E-AC42-4FB9-9BE4-8132C8AA7048.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    Very witty, the fact you went and googled the username shows the effort you made. Thumbs up for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    You should feel it at 141mph, your head feels like it’s about to be torn off if you look to either side. ...not that I got it upto those kind of speeds ofcourse..

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Streetgirl675
    DVLA said thanks for that. Your speeding fine and driver awareness course are in the post.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    I know it’s already been said, but that’s a great photo!

Iv managed to get myself on a few different bikes over the last two weeks. Iv decided I don’t like Kawasaki bikes. The Panigale v2 is like riding a warm cloud, holy god what a machine but I don’t need that kind of power. Just by chance I got some time on a Daytona 675 as it’s owner took the street Rs out. The daytona had almost everything I like about riding the Street with exception to the wide bars. The wind blast was severely less too. I’m sold....just need to find one!!

• Like Like x 1