Featured 765 I Never Did Fall In Love.

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Hoffnungslos, May 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hoffnungslos

Hoffnungslos Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    That’s me now into my final year PCP with the 18 plate Street RS (bloody awful deal too). Sadly I haven’t used it much as I just never got the real burning desire to ride it. The wind blast for me was just too much when getting upto decent speeds, granted this is mostly a motorway problem but the only way in and out of my small town is via said roads.

That being said, I did enjoy the day of backroad riding I had a few days ago. Finally managed to get it over 2000 miles after all this time. This was the bike out near Braemar in the North East of Scotland. Never ever fails to get looks from passers by and other road users. Where have you all managed to get out to now the lockdowns lifted? Would love to see some photos of your days out....

50D6914C-AA29-491D-BA5A-CE92CE337B3F.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I can’t believe you don’t like riding that bike,they’ve got to be one of the very best bikes in the twisties,you should be shot with shite for putting that thingy on the swinging arm on such a smart looking bike.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    you should be shot with shite for not understanding that we are all very different people with very different preferences. Add to that, I didn’t say anything about not liking to ride the bike in the twisties. Read before you start having a pop at folk online pal

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I wasn’t having a pop in a nasty way it was said in good humour, come on what were you thinking putting that on the back of that bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Thats a lovely backdrop picture. As for lust of a bike I would always own a bike so Im in control of my enjoyment and if it doesn't give me pleasure then Im not linched up

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    thanks man, some of the scenery out across Aberdeenshire really is special. It’s such a picturesque region that encourages you to get off the bike and snap away with the camera every 250m or so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Once did a Shearings coach trip for a week up Braemar £125 each for me and the wife. It was so cheap I was going to send her up again on the coach and me ride up just to use it as a base to ride from for the east side of Scotland at that sort of money.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    After the first 3 or 4 trips into town and back I got pretty fed up of shite flying up my back. Since that’s been on Iv not had another issue.
    Also, every street triple now looks identical (excluding the different colours obv) its good to be a little different every now and then. It’s a marmite addition, some like it some don’t.
    Iv never understood the need to make a scene about it, it comes off in 15 mins.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    How tall are you? I'm 71" and have traveled 120 miles sitting upright at a 115 mph wind speed in comfort, my helmet was the issue at short duration higher speed, mine is a 19 but they look the same.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    I don’t really see where your going with this as Iv already said above, everyone is different. I don’t like it, you do, for me that’s more than acceptable. Why can’t it be acceptable for others that I’m not fond? Jesus Christ lads
    But to respond, I’m just 5’10. I’m also quite comfortable riding it 120 miles sitting upright on certain roads, and do think it’s a fun piece of kit for going away on the twisty back roads, but I’m not comfortable sitting on it at 70mph on the motorways which I can’t avoid. Each to their own and all ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    A lot of my issues were helmet related

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    naked bikes are not for everyone, I’ve mates who’ve tried my street triples and loved them for 10 mins but couldn’t live with one, if you don’t like it get rid and get something with abit of wind protection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    A lot of my issues were helmet related

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    I don’t see me going naked again but if I ever do later on in the journey, I doubt il ever pick up a better looking bike.
    A machine that’s just made for the camera :imp:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    naked bikes are not for everyone, I’ve mates who’ve tried my street triples and loved them for 10 mins but couldn’t live with one, if you don’t like it get rid and get something with abit of wind protection.
    71 and riding a street triple RS ? Hope I can still do the same at 71.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hoffnungslos

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    I put on the extended flyscreen and had seen a mixed bag of reviews but held some faith. For me it deflected more to my head, but it’s not a huge difference. Decided it was more a pain to take it off than to just live with it...so it’s still on :joy:
    I adore the wide bars though, always felt fully in control of the bike in each and every ride. I did change the tyres though after experiencing the supercorsas in the wet..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    I'm 61 years old, and 71" tall. As long as I'm vertical I will probably be riding the RS.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Hoffnungslos
    Sure is a nice steed though. And I see where you are coming from. Not nice when every time you go for a spin getting covered in crud. And you steed you do as you want. Perhaps after all this virus nonsense is over you will get to love it a little more.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    We all like/dislike different stuff. Most of my biking life has been naked (ooo err misses) haha, but I generally prefer them to faired bikes, fairings often cause far more buffeting and turbulance, which adds to the wind noise. On a naked, my head is in clean air.
    Over distance, it does get a strain above 100mph, but on track, you barely notice the wind blast and hit far higher speeds.
    Weirdly, I am considering trading my 765 in for a faired sportsbike, but if the buffeting is too much, I'll either stick with the 765, or go for the new Speed Triple if it ever happens! :)
    Maybe the Tiger would suit you better? It is a cracking bike! :)

I've not been out on my 765 yet, but I did get out on my Moto Guzzi the other day:

99133567_10157041564971820_2926930069450391552_n.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Bike looks class and I'm sure I've seen a vid on YouTube of you fitting the splash guard. :)
    What are you fancying next after the rs? I hear goldwings are good for windblast. ;)
    Feel as if the point of this post was to see other bikes out, so here ya go mate, me and my missus had a little outing to south shields last Wednesday.
    My Norbert (rocket) was extremely happy to be at the beach and Maggie (scrambler) wanted to do wheelies on the sand..... If you look You can see the excitement in there headlights. :joy:

IMG_20200520_182646.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3