Featured Rideout Hawes And Devils Bridge

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by cinnabull, May 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As I recall, you led for a part and we only passed that cyclist 4 times cos he passed us twice while you were leading!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Your nose just grew :p:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Gled

Gled Active Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Manchester (UK)
    I enjoy a trip to Hawes from Manchester occasionally.

My preferred route to Hawes.

Ride to Keighley then follow signs towards Skipton (A629) on the bypass for a couple of miles, turn right at roundabout to Addingham (A6034)

Bolton Abbey - Grassington

(B6160) and pass Grassington,

Kettlewell then Buckden.

Just a few yards past the The Buck Inn pub in Buckden keep left to Hubberhoolme and that takes you to Hawes.

Great route with fantastic scenery but definitely more B roads than A roads.

Gled.

4. Paul Mac

Paul Mac Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Durham
    I've rode a lot of those roads you mention a few times , and you're right , they are excellent roads .
    The problem I find with fast A roads is basically in the description , "fast" A roads . So realistically if you want to go out for a ride and at least use a degree of the performance of your bike , and the riding skills you have , you are probably going to be riding way over the speed limit , especially on something like a Speed or Street Triple . Both are supremely capable bikes and will easily cover A roads at 3 figure speeds . Don't even start on Sports bikes , they are even harder to keep their speed down on fast smooth a roads .
    But stick on quieter B roads and I find them just as fun ,needing the same input , but at more sensible speeds .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1