Gmu 2019 Banter

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Aug 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Yeah soz I was quoting Privateer, Thats what I mean any where middle England and scenic, will be busy, even Wales was busy, when La roca, Andypandy, and I came back from the Red Kite centre, we followed the same lorry for 55 minutes. where as the Scotland tour was full of quiet roads in A1 nick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Click, AGREE or DISAGREE
    If someone posted tonight that Bellingham was booked, I would not mind,

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just remember folks, it's pronounced "Bellin Jam". Young Mr Dilligaf gets very upset if he hears "Belling Ham". :mad::worried:: unamused::cold_sweat::scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    actyually its Bellinghaaaam with the pronunciation on ling

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Bell - in - Jam

[​IMG]

This is their xmas card !!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    @MrOrange i'm unable to PM you, any idea where my proposal for the GMU for last year is?, you accidently deleted it the first time, but I put it up again but I can't find it:confused:..mind you the bunkhouse in Tyndrum only holds 25 and they will NOT allow any more than that inside (due to insurance ) so it might be a problem if we wanted everyone to have a meal together?

8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

It needs a champion or champions to go out and find somewhere, do the leg work and make sure that all is good. Easy to sit on your keyboard and nominate somewhere, but you find a bunkhouse with the other stuff required, is bloody hard work, as I am sure Ade and Rooster will testify.

ps - make sure you'd feel safe to leave 20+ bikes parked up nearby. Lots of the town based bunkhouses are great for hikers coming on public transport or cars, but feck - like i would leave my bike there for 3 nights !!! Found a few places in north york ways like that:confounded:

Not trying to put anybody off, the idea of finding a third location would be great, then even rotate ariound them !!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    When you say that you will put people off Ron,it's not hard work at all:confused:,like I said before if it's somewhere local people are nominating they will know the roads,they will know places to park a load of bikes ,they will know places to stop for photos,they will know places to stop for coffee/lunch, they will know about accommodation,it's really not rocket science,but when they hear it's "bloody hard work" is it any wonder there is a lack of proposals?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

When the poll says Scotland - How far north would you consider ???

Would you consider travelling 500 miles north of Northampton ????

Agree or disagree :expressionless: be honest, don't agree then bail when you see it's a 1000 mile roundtrip (maybe more for southerners) just to get to the venue!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

To do the job properly, it does takes some planning and effort! I have been to hastily arranged and badly planned gatherings with my last forum, it's very easy to do a crap job. I just think people should be aware. I know Jez and James put hours of effort into making sure just the food was arranged for Wales. These things do need thinking out. I am looking for an alternitive venue for this years or maybe next years, and just finding a bunkhouse with amenities and secure bike parking is 'bloody hard work' !

Did you organise accomodation, routes, stops, fuel etc for your trip around Scotland in one night? Having done similar, many times, I thought it work getting distances and accomodation sorted for multiple people and all the other stuff required to keep everybody happy. I'll bet you it was hard work. Admittedely, when it all comes together, every minute of the planning and prep is worth every second.

Standing in the bunkhouse in Wales, I was so proud that a bunch of disparate characters from around the country can come together and have such a good time with absolutely zero decent or complaint for one person. Bloody amazing, and that is why I went around that room and thanked every single person for their efforts in bringing it together.

I'll stick to my statement, to do this kind of thing well, takes some bloody hard work from one person or from many.

• Like Like x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I've no idea ! Took some bloody searching to find my own! Should still be in the archives somewhere, I'll have a look .:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

That was a great place, only they did seem a bit strict. Ive had problems finding old posts to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Dozers Dad stumbles apon the Top Secret Scottish Tour 2019 Planned Routes.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'll give you this Ron you are succeeding in scaring people off putting up proposals:( Organizing the Scotland trip really wasn't that hard:) I knew all the roads and had a good idea where to stay:),time consuming maybe as I printed off detailed route cards and laminated them for everyone, and organized t- shirts, but the rest really was a piece of pi**!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

@Dougie D - DISAGREE all you like, but I can assure you every single person at Wales thanked Ade, Rooster, Sprinter, Andy and DD for their hard work.
    And if they didn't they bloody well should have.
    You might not appreciate it, but we do.

I reread my original post you argued with, and I still stand by the exact statement that finding a suitable bunkhouse is HARD work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

OK, can everyone please put proposals in, it's a piece of piss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm sure everyone thanked them or should have, but as for being" bloody hard work",i don't think so:confused:! maybe sprinter slaving away in the kitchen deserves a medal:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Reread my original statement, I said finding the bunkhouse was bloody hard work. Nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mark Slattery

Mark Slattery Member

Jul 15, 2018
    Ireland
    or maybe next years, and just finding a bunkhouse with amenities and secure bike parking is 'bloody hard work' !

Did you organise accomodation, p around Scotland in one night? Having done similar, many times, I thought it work getting distances and accomodation sorted for multiple people and all the other stuff required to keep everybody happy. I'll bet you it was hard work. Admittedely, when it all comes together, every minute of the planning and prep is worth every second.

Standing in the bunkhouse in Wales, I was so proud that a bunch of disparate characters from around the country can come together and have such a good time with absolutely zero decent or complaint for one person. Bloody amazing, and that is why I went around that room and thanked every single person for their efforts in bringing it together.

I'll stick to my statement, to do this kind of thing well, takes some bloody hard work from one person or from many.[/QUOTE]
    Cough !!cough!! Don't forget the two Irishmen and Wayne
    At the risk of being ousted from the forum can I propose everyone play nice together, Wales was my first time meeting you lovely people and when I look back at the days I spent with you guys it's overwhelming to think of the organisation that went on behind the scenes amd that I most likely could never comprehend it was truly a gathering that the guys should be very proud of. I'm not taking sides, I couldn't compete with the way Wales was organised and I bloody know it, I'd prefer to travel to UK don't care where it's all part of the fun (if you'll have me of course) i can see ireland anytime, my two cents is that Ron talks sence and this year is proof enough for everyone and those guys got my respect and admiration for an amazing trip. Thanks guys

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  21. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well I would propose one for the south of England but our bunkhouses cost more than a room in a northern hotel, a pint of beer costs more than a room in a northern hotel, the bunkhouses hold fewer people than northern ones as they have to make room for the saunas and jacuzzis and servants, as for transport, you might as well bring your pushbikes as they seem to be the fastest mode of transport, well they’re always at the front!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just wanted to say the 2017 GMU in Bellingham and the 2018 Scottish Trip were both fantastic and a credit to both @Dougie D and @MrOrange . If you have differing opinions on the nuances of organising a ride out then that's nothing to get over excited about.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Just want to say Wales gmu was one of the best 5 day chill outs I've ever had thanks again lads it was well organized and very well run .
    The wife told me before we left Wales that we would go next year :p
    And she is always right .
    Thanks again for a wonderful time:joy:
    Tucker

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1