Featured Rideout First Ride Up Mt. Lemmon Since January + First Time Up Since The Bighorn Fire

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Sep 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    What a stunning place to ride :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Lovely write-up and great pictures as always! Cheers, Sandi!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #23 Sandi T, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    It truly is a stunning place to ride, @Hippo-Drones! :grinning: I never forget that nor do I ever fail to appreciate it, either. Mt. Lemmon's base elevation is 2,500' and at the top it's just over 9,000'. As you go up the mountain you pass through five biological life zones. At some of the higher elevations there are small lakes stocked with trout as well as some beautiful campgrounds. Some spots in particular are world renowned among rock climbers. And the Catalina Highway, the rode up the mountain, is a favorite of motorcyclists and cyclists. :heart: And drivers, too! Over the years we've seen streams of car clubs making the drive up. I've never counted how many curves there are along the 25-mile beautifully paved road to the top because, well, I think because there are so many that I've lost count when I've tried! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Vulpes, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I loved your recent Alps trip write-up and pictures, too! :heart_eyes:

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I was watching a friend riding in southern France/northern Italy on a video yesterday, it looked similar in places to what you describe, with corners for days... beautiful.
    One day I hope to do some exploring on a motorbike in further away places, in the meantime I shall have to content myself with enjoying the lovely photos people like yourself share with us! :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Try the high Alps if you get a chance, mate. I'm just back from a weeks touring there. Magical. Look up my thread on it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. UpNDown

UpNDown New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    New Jersey , USA
    I’ve always loved that ride to and from Mt. Lemon when I would visit my brother Harb in Tucson . Made the run back when I was riding a Valkyrie in the 2000’s . My brother was a fixture at the Tucson BMW dealership . I’d step out of his little condo , look to my left , and there were the mountains beckoning me to ride up . Loved it .

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad to bring back some fond memories, @UpNDown! :):sun: