Featured Rideout First Group Ride In Months! I "rode" My Mustang.

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Jun 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Bikerman! Sorry about your crummy weather. I grew up in Minnesota and it was always so disappointing to wait for summer to arrive through six months of winter then have frequent rain and thunderstorms and the occasional tornado. As I've said before, I'll take the desert weather over that. The heat can get oppressive but at least you can get outdoors to do things if you go early in the morning.

Check out the sun icon for the upcoming week.:sun: :cool: And I always say that, thanks to our low humidity, it usually feels about 10ºF cooler than the temperatures indicate here. So having highs in the 90ºs is actually quite comfortable. :)

Show weather in my current location.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's a terrific idea, DD! I'm a big fan of the "out of sight out of mind" method (which is evident when I open my closet door). I also like your "conversion" of my Mustang's mpg to reflect gas prices. I like the way you think. Let me qualify that. I USUALLY like the way you think. Sometimes though.... ;):joy:

Are these Tucson gas prices per gallon 66% less than you're currently paying across the pond? Compared to what we're used to over the past several years, these prices are considered cheap for us. Of course, with COVID we're not really going anywhere to take advantage of them. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 8.00.09 AM.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    US Gallons are less than UK, only 3.78 litres so at an average of £1.02 per litre (in my area) you are talking £3.85 per US Gallon so half price give or take :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yeah already seen the trend is back up, obviously in my game I keep a constant watch on the price of derv.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    #25 Don the Don, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    As always an awesome write up and breath taking pictures @Sandi T. I spent many hours at MT Lemmon and you are very lucky to live in Tucson thanks for sharing those pic's, take care it won't be long before you will be doing it again on two wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    And don’t forget (Even though most things are big in the USA) the US gallon is less capacity than our UK gallon. :)
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Bet dilligaf could soon (Well, perhaps not soon) knock up some brackets (Like you’d use to sit a swamp cooler on your house roof) to fit a mini swamp cooler on the back of ya bike. :joy:.
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ok, I need a translation please. That's the second time that someone has responded to one of my posts with "you can go off people you know". I googled it and am a bit worried now. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, that's per US gallon, DD! Those prices are low even for us. But even when our prices have been at their highest, I usually don't fret over the price because, yes, we either buy it or we don't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad I can bring back some of those fond memories of Mt. Lemmon, Don! :):heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    @Sandi T. What a fantastic trip out you all had. Beautiful scenery, weather, good mates and Tom Petty-what more could you wish for! Your write ups are always a great read too!
    The phrase 'you can go off people' is used in an affectionate way to say you are jealous. As we all are looking at those posts!

Stay safe and keep getting closer to riding again.:heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Apologies, I’m a bit late (As usual) to the finish line with this post.
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #33 Sandi T, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Glad you enjoyed the write-up and photos, Dawsy! And thanks for the translation. :)And the well wishes, too. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ahh, thanks Smilinjack. With your translation/explanation along with that of @Dawsy, I think I have a reasonable or at least rudimentary understanding of the phrase now. Of course, I suspect something will still be lost in translation, particularly without the benefit of voice tone and inflection, facial expression, etc. Oh, and cultural context, too. ;) It's fascinating to me that we're all speaking (well, typing) English but it can be so different!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    'Stang the consumer of hydrocarbons in abundance and "Victim of Love" on the box. What else can be said?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    You know i nearly missed this post. Boy what a great read from our Forum Queen. Glad you got out and about and the story was fantastic and nice to see or read our Favourite Forum Queen is getting back to herself. The rest will come with time like the bike and tours. But i will happily accept this from our Girl for now. Great write up and even better pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share it all with us.
    Regards And Love
    Joe.:):grinning::kissing:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, life is good, @Hobnail! ;):) Well, apart from a pandemic and worldwide protests. I do strive to count my (many!) blessings daily. :heart:

image.png

• Like Like x 4
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #38 Sandi T, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Thanks, Joe! I'm really glad you liked my story about our Mt. Lemmon ride/drive this past week and the photos I posted along with it. It is truly my pleasure to do these write ups for the forum and I quite enjoying thinking about what might be of interest to and enjoyed by my forum friends when I am out on some sort of motorcycle-related adventure. Yes, the rest will come with time like the bike and tours as you said.

Speaking of the bike and tours, today would have been Day #1 of our big summer motorcycle trip if not for a the pandemic and my crash. We had planned to ride about 2,000 miles through northern Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. And although I'm not yet fit to ride, I'd have probably taken the Mustang with the group and gone anyway. But the seven of us decided a couple of months ago that even if hotels and restaurants and other things started opening by our departure date, we just wouldn't feel comfortable being out for eight days and 2K miles and going through four different states. So we're considering our trip "postponed" rather than cancelled and will give it a go again next year.

We are hoping to do some sort of motorcycle trip this fall and we're toying with riding up into southern Utah some of the national parks there. For the past five years we've ridden to Las Vegas Bike Fest in early October but we just can't see being in old Vegas with wall-to-wall people on Fremont Street. Vegas Bike Fest has become one of my favorite annual motorcycle events but I think we'll be missing it in 2020. Anyway, as it is so difficult to know what tomorrow will bring these days--much less what four months will bring--we shall see.

• Like Like x 4
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Great yes i love your little story and pictures as usual all the detail and info. Makes me feel like i was there with you. And there always next year and Arizona and New Mexico will still be there waiting and you will be fitter and back to full strength. Yes i had to postpone my trip to Scotland as well and quite a few peeps on here have had to postpone or cancel trips. I am aiming now for august time for my one and if not then next year as well. But it will happen. And Sandi T i wait for your stories.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Bloody virus is right, @Bikerman. :mad: I'm trying not to spend time or waste energy being sad and angry about all of this lost time that we'll never get back.

We'll definitely do the same trip next fall or summer that we'd be on at this very moment or a version of it. And in the meantime, perhaps I'll get a bit of new camera gear and maybe figure out how to use a GoPro to do a bit of video or photos from the bike while riding. I've always thought that might be fun because I always see great stuff while we're moving and think, "Hey, that would be a GREAT photo"! :grinning: Gotta look for those silver linings....... :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1