Feckin Useless Doctors

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dilligaf, Aug 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Lets hope your health improves in 2021 mate, all the best....

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    So sorry to hear things have deteriorated Graham. Here’s to you getting some better news at the hospital on the 12th Jan.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Looking on the bright side, Dilli, I suppose that an appointment within 2 weeks is a bit of a result given current circumstances. But when you're in pain even 2 days is too long.
    Keep taking the self prescribed analgesia.:yum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I've mentioned CBD oil before and I know you said it done nothing for you.. give it some consideration... its working wonders for my mums knees. She's on the strong stuff, holds it under her tongue for a while for maximum effect too but she'd be pretty much crippled without it.
    Anyway hope the situation improves for you one way or another. Sounds pretty shit at the minute :heart:;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Sorry to hear, this .Graeme. Wishing you a huge improvement quickly. Keep on at them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, crap, dilli. I am so bummed to learn that you've taken a turn for the worse. :(:sob: The pain is one thing and sounds horrible. But this new severe dizziness must be quite frightening. I'm really glad that you were able to get an appointment on the 12th. Hopefully that consultant won't only focus on your shoulders at the exclusion of all the other shite you've got going on. It seems from all you've shared over time that it's all interconnected.

Hang in there and dole out that Jack judiciously. Much as I'm sure it helps (she says from experience), you don't need a liver problem on top of everything else you've got going on.

I'll keep the positive thoughts going and the prayers flowing, dilli. :kissing_heart::heart::heart:

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's crap news mate. :mad:
    Let's hope things start to improve after the 12th ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Extremely saddened to hear of your continuing struggles with pain and the NHS. We all know the NHS is under a great deal of strain and pressure but this is nothing short of incompetence and disgraceful, wasteful bureaucracy. I'm sure if you were of a different mind that didn't to some extent accept his lot and was extremely vocal in formal complaint you might have a different outcome. I wish you well Dilli and a swift return to full health in 2021.

Oldfart

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    You have my sympathy dilligaf.
    I feel sure many GPs (And hospitals?) are using Covid as an excuse to not see patients.
    ‘bout a week ago I started with pains under my back ribs, after 2 days it progressed up my chest.
    Shallow breathing okay, but full in breaths v painful.
    Called my GP’s surgery, closed, ring blah blah, or emergency 999.
    Called first number and arranged a call back within the hour.
    Doc. Amir Khan called, listened to ow and history then diagnosed muscle pain!
    Clever how they do this without a virtual stethoscope.
    After insistence he prescribed 7 days worth of Amoxicillin, but said wait a few days and if it gets worse, the take the prescription to Pharmacy.
    I have history of Pleurisy.
    Cashed it in straight away and now 4 days in I feel more comfortable.
    When my own GP is working he won’t see patients f to f if he can get away with phone consultation.
    Wondering if this will become the norm after the Covid retreats.
    I’m due for bloods for Cholesterol appointment (Okay for practise nurse to see people) next week so will take chest issue up then.
    Not an hyjack dilli, just trying to get across how incompetent SOME of Services seem to be at present.
    Hope you soon get going down the right road dilligaf.
    Cheers,Ken.
    PS. I don’t believe the guy that said: ‘A little pain never hurt anyone’.

• Like Like x 4
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Never have been a fan of GPs :confused:
    I reckon that the vast majority of them are laughing all the way to the bank :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    You could be correct there @dilligaf heard on the radio yesterday GP's have been offered 10 quid each for every vaccination given at care homes, Beggars belief.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Only just seen this thread @dilligaf I’m so sorry to hear about all this. I can only hope you get sorted very quickly as I can’t imagine what you’ve been through these past few months. :heart:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

You couldn’t feckin make this up :sob:
    Have had two reminders by text about keeping my appointment next Tuesday as apparently it costs the NHS £160 every time when you don’t show up for your appointment :eek:
    Just had a phone call from them all apologetic saying that because of COVID-19 they’re cancelling my appointment because they’re having a circuit breaker :confused:
    They don’t have a clue when the appointment will be rescheduled :confused:
    Honestly this is really getting me down now as I simply can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel :sob:

• Love You Love You x 3
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Chin up mate, what's that line about things being at their darkest just before the dawn?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Absolutely ridiculous dilligaf!
    I would question whether everybody’s apps. have been cancelled, or just yours.
    What they doin’ shuttin’ the hozzie or Doctors down? Ffs.

I have a none important (Blood test) Thursday morn. and that’s going ahead with the nurse.
    Tha main Doc. in the practise was seen giving someone (1st he’s done apparently, usually gets nurse to do it) the Covid inoculation, and guess what.....he was wearing a full Hazmat suit!

You have our sympathy mate.
    Me and all the others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It is a definite sign of the times mate. I feel your pain. Keep your pecker up mate, it will eventually get sorted..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Jesus. Just looked for a fucking hell emoticon but don't seem to have one. So sorry mate, I can imagine the pain you must be in and sympathise. If my sciatica was giving me shite like you are having I would wanna rip heads off. Thank God for J.D. Take care mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Shit happens :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I dont like thinking of you in pain, and so good wishes from me. Its all Ive got to give.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    The problem is, Dilli, your doctor; the consultant and one or two of the theatre staff are all in the same road cycling club. And one of them is a Triumphforum member ............................ :eek:

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1