Feckin Useless Doctors

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dilligaf, Aug 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:I’m absolutely Feckin fizzing at the moment :mad:
    As some of you know I have been really struggling with shoulder problems :sob:
    I even got rid of my Rocket 3R because I was finding it just too much to handle and enjoy :(
    Well since then my shoulders have just got worse and worse :tired_face:
    I’ve been on all sorts of pain killers and none of them worked :(
    Because of this Covid shit show that’s happening I’ve only been able to talk to a doctor over the phone :confused:explaining that my shoulders are getting worse and that the pain killers are not doing anything :confused:
    So the doctor said she would refer me for a consultation with the hospital :)
    That was OVER TWO WEEKS AGO :mad:
    In the meantime things have deteriorated quite quickly to the point that I can hardly get dressed without yelping in pain :tired_face:I have basically lost the use of my left arm and it feels like my right arm is going the same way :(
    Things came to a head this morning after another painful and restless night and I couldn’t get out of bed without assistance :weary_face:
    So wor lass phoned the doctors surgery to chase up my appointment and found out that THE FECKIN DOCTOR :mad:hadn’t done the referral :mad:FFS:mad:
    So the receptionist chased it up for us and I have to start with a telephone appointment on Wednesday :(
    I know these are difficult times but ffs I am in agony and basically can’t do anything :(

• WTF WTF x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Jeez, you have every right to be livid. There's not much I can say except I hope they get you in and find out what's going on damn soon so you can start your recovery.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Hope this gets sorted, do you think it could be your back? I had a painful arm that would randomly send cripling pain, got referred for physio after refusing injections from the doctor because I wanted to know the cause was and not mask the symptoms. Turned out to be a trapped nerve, bit like sciatica, probably due to desk work and slouching forward. I had to do an exercise where I lay face down with arms by my side and push my shoulder blades down towards the opposite trouser pocket, that and manipulation really worked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Spend the £60 and see a chiropractor worth a shot and will give you and idea of what's going on

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Sounds like frozen shoulder. I've had it, to a much lesser degree than you by the sounds of it, for months now. It really IS FUCKING PAINFUL when it bites and is quite debilitating. The bad news is, if it is frozen shoulder, it takes weeks and weeks of special exercises before it improves. Anything to do with shoulders is difficult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Hope you get that sorted soon Dilli........maybe symptomatic of something else rather than just requiring a fiddle chimp - you don't seem the type to moan about trivilaities.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve had back problems all my life and had an operation in my thirties :(
    I have a mild curvature of the spine :confused:
    It’s not being able to get any treatment that’s driving me nuts:mad:

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Have seen a chiropractor in the past which helped me get back to work :)
    Just can’t seem to get anything started with what’s going on :mad:

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I would gladly take the injections for this but because of this Feckin Covid thing it’s difficult to get to see anyone :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Personally , i'd get to a&e matey.
    No, you are not "making a fuss" and let's face it, by the way of your "rugged good looks", you've been paying in for years!!!
    Seriously , go.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well I have this telephone consultation on Wednesday :confused:and I’m gonna lay it on thick cos I need to see someone and some treatment :confused:
    I’m not doing any more Feckin physio :mad:as it doesn’t work and never has :(

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I’d ask your doctor for a referral to see a doctor privately (£200ish), this usually takes about a week then at leat you can get it diagnosed ,I had a similar problem just over 2 years ago the pain was bad and I lost 2/3 of the strength in my right arm, I was quickly seen privately which help with the worry but not the pain, I was diagnosed with neuralgic Amyothrophy, google it to see if your symptoms are the same.

• Like Like x 1
  13. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Best wishes mate, I hope you get it sorted soon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    That's really crappy :(, I hope you get it sorted quickly. Must be driving you mad being in constant pain and not being capable of performing everyday tasks.

My brother in law used to have problems with his shoulders, he had a couple of operations to sort them out, which fortunately he had insurance so got it done privately. But prior to having the surgery, he used to pay to see a really good sports physio, who helped a lot with easing the pain and also correctly diagnosed the cause which his NHS doctor had not.

All the best mate :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Bloody hell Shaun:eek:
    Just googled it and that’s exactly what my symptoms are :(
    Gonna stop now though because I want a professional diagnosis so I know what I’m up against :poop:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Hope you can get some relief soon Dill constant pain really gets you down fast lay it on as thick as you can not that its not extremely painful i know how you feel i have one shoulder that i upset on a regular basis cant imagine two finding a pain killer that right for you is quite difficult i was given morphine when i had my knee done and it didn't touch the pain eventually found one that did help will see if i can find the name....good luck mate.:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  17. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    #17 Don the Don, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Hope you get some relief and answers to this Dilli, my wife's in the same boat with a shoulder there is some good advice on here that I will use myself, hope you get some peace with it soon mate

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Hope they can get some treatment that works mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    If they do sort it, DO NOT DOB IN THE NEW 900 FOR A ROCKET 3!!!
    Let us at least see it!!??
    Promise us please?????!!!

• Funny Funny x 3