Featured Daytona 900 Cafe racer project (CRK kit)

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cafe Hinckley, Nov 14, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    should look really good look forward to seeing it emerge into the sunlight

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    2 or 4 really, i think you need stripes but one with a gap looks unfinished so one stripe no gap or 2 stripes with gaps, might be biased to the latter as my thrux is like that.
    Matt for military. I think satin might be a pain to keep clean but gloss is easiest if you go non military

3. Cafe Hinckley

Cafe Hinckley Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Quick update ....

Unfortunately all attempts to remove the pinch bolt from the forks have failed resulting in 2 snapped easy outs and a lot of expletives. I have now dropped it off at a local engineering firm hoping they can sort it out.

In good news I have managed to find midway solution to the batter problem. I was quite keen to have the light weight and cranking power of the Lithium battery but found the £190 price tag a bit hard to swallow.

Luckily i found this -- http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/ms-612104/ which had everything I wanted for half the price and it fits beautifully...

IMG_4151.JPG

Already got it hooked up to the batter conditioner too so it will be ready to go.

Now to see if anyone ever tried a monofork??? :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    All i can say is that god for precision engineering. Managed to get the sanction back today minus the sheared bolt and virtually no damage whatsoever - he even managed to keep the original thread.

Let the build continue!

• Like Like x 1
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi cafe hinkley,
    I recently fitted a lithium battery to my 2008 America, to get them fully charged, you need a charger that can pump out 15v + , they will take very high amperes in too ! Once you have got a good full charge in your bike charging system should be more than up to the job, but get it fully charged first up.
    I used a commercial battery charger, it had a setting that gave the ability to start Off the charger ! Had 6/12/24 volt settings and up to 30 amps output on 12/24 volt settings, on the 12v auto hi setting I saw 17v out and 12/13 amps ! Took less than 15 minutes !!!! Now spins like a top and the engine fires up in about 2 turns (instantly) !

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The Helmet came out a really nice flourecent yellow considering you were using black !!!

7. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Thank you Capt,

Yes I read that the batteries were a bit picky so i bought the matching charger/conditioner at the same time and the battery is now connected to it so should be in optimum condition when the bike is built!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Hi all,

Sorry I have been a bit quiet but there has not been much to update in terms of build as I have had my hands full with this ....

Squishy.JPG

Say hello to little baby Daytona*!!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    *Only kidding - her name is Sophia as I didn't want her to end up being a stripper :)

10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Congrats, How about some of these
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Or maybe this is more like it;):D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    she's absolutely gorgeous......many congratulations..........I think we all wish we could sleep as soundly as her......

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Jeez, Ive not seen one of those in Squaredeals! Probably one of the most exclusive custom parts you'll ever have! Congrats to you and Mrs Hinckley

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    congatulations plenty of time to work on bike as wont get much sleep, dont worry it gets better after the first 21 years !!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    beautiful

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Congratulations CH (and Mrs CH - obviously)!:cool::)

I think we can excuse your absence from these hallowed portals on this occasion. No need for a note from your parents - this time! Just don't make a habit of it!!!!!:eek:

17. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Congratulations!
    Is a sidecar the next mod for your bike ?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Got this as a birthday present and thought it was very cool considering what we are doing with out Triumphs...

keyring.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Hi all,

Little update from me just to say I am still alive (just) and finally managed to get a couple of hours in the garage over Easter.

Not much to update but getting lot of the little bits done like the headlight wiring loom and the footrests.

One question I had is that it seems my rear set assemblies, even though from a bike Ian mentions have the correct parts are slightly different.

The clevis on mine are slightly offset and not straight as shown and my brake return spring seems much longer than his - anyone else find this??

Cheers
    CH

• Like Like x 1