Featured Daytona 900 Cafe racer project (CRK kit)

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cafe Hinckley, Nov 14, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cafe Hinckley

Cafe Hinckley Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Hey Boothy,

Unfortunately i swapped the cracked push rod for the gear selector for the one supplied with the kit and it doesnt work - only selects first and second and then gets hung up as it is straight.

Trying to track down a replacement but WOT and Fowlers seems to be out of stock till the end of the month.

:-(

2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Nice one, were they expensive?

3. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading

Was about £100 but i had to get the original trumpets and seals to allow for the atmospheric breather.

4. matt botterman

matt botterman Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    I am out of the country this week but I will have a look in a garage at the weekend as I might have one - cant remember what I used on mine but its shifting well so I might be able to help.

Your bike looks lovely - Bet those cans sounds great too!

5. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    Hi have just found my original straight one if you want it ?

6. matt botterman

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    How you getting on with the gear shifter?
    I have the straight bar available too! Mine shift happily but some times feel a little vague!

7. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

Hi did you get your bike all finished and out on the road ?

8. matt botterman

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    IMG_0104.JPG
    Yep she is out and loving life! Did the distinguished gentlemans ride in Sunday! Loved it

Might try to make a bikini fairing this winter. Getting some foam to build a mould!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

Hi did you get your bike finished and on the road in the end

10. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Hi all,

Apologies for the delay but change of jobs and general life got in the way a bit and did not leave me much time.

I have however managed to get her all done and on the road and had an amazing little ride out today to celebrate .....

IMG_5395.jpg IMG_5405.jpg IMG_5410.jpg

I am so happy with her and is an absolute joy to ride. gonna try and get the most out of it before winter arrives and will then start fettling.

i want to change over to digital clocks to drop the head profile and tidy up the front, fit new levers and some proper mirrors and refine as much as possible.

Really keen to meet up with any other CRK' ers out there too!!

Happy riding !!!

• Like Like x 9
  11. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Hi all,

Apologies for the delay but change of jobs and general life got in the way a bit and did not leave me much time.

I have however managed to get her all done and on the road and had an amazing little ride out today to celebrate .....

View attachment 21224 View attachment 21225 View attachment 21226

I am so happy with her and is an absolute joy to ride. gonna try and get the most out of it before winter arrives and will then start fettling.

i want to change over to digital clocks to drop the head profile and tidy up the front, fit new levers and some proper mirrors and refine as much as possible.

Really keen to meet up with any other CRK' ers out there too!!

Happy riding !!!

12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Looking good mate :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Looks great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

Bike and photo's look fabulous !! would be good to try and meet up, where do we all live, i'm in Lancashire.

15. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Would love to get something in before the winter sets in. I am based in Reading and have a rare free weekend on the 21/22 of this month. Shall we try and arrange a CRK get together?

16. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

Would be good where you thinking

17. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    I'm based near Reading and Stuart is based a bit more south but happy to find somewhere that works for all!

18. Pete84

Pete84 New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    uk
    Great build! How did you get on with this battery? Any issues in use, can't find any reviews....

Thanks.

19. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    Hi Pete - the battery has been faultless so can highly recommend. I do keep it on the matching conditioner when not in use though as a flat battery is the best way of duffing your sprag!

20. Cafe Hinckley

Nov 2, 2016
    Reading
    So its been a little while since my last update but that's mainly because of the weather and the little one requiring quite a bit of my time. I am however starting to plan the next phase of development after spending the weekend with Clive Wood and Paul Messenger at the T300 course (which was brilliant by the way)

The long and short of it is that the bike does not really need anything as it runs just fine, but I still have the itch to build. I definitely don't want to sell this one and and start again and don't have space for two so I have decided to keep going.

So far the phase 2 list is looking like this:

1) Change out of front end for USD forks (Looking into the Tiger 1050 or Ohlins options at the moment)

2) Upgrade rear shock (even though i have the adjustable one I don't think it will match a new front end)

3) Undo the Carb butchery the previous owner did to the bike when fitting the dyno kit (Hopefully Paul will help me out here)

4) Upgrade to digital speedos (i know its not everyone's cup of tea but i want to do something about the top line of the bike - visually)

I am sure more will follow in terms of brakes etc but i think the above is enough for this phase as the front end changes will mean a lot of fettling. As always I will keep you posted with developments and no doubt be asking a lot of questions :)

• Like Like x 3