Featured America Bike Gone To Bed For The Winter. Replaced With This.

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by SUPERGRANDAD, Oct 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SUPERGRANDAD

SUPERGRANDAD Noble Member

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Couple of pics taken at Corton Trail Park near Lowestoft Suffolk. Great day out and fantastic training ground.
    Next attempt at competing this Sunday. It is better suited to beginners.;)

Corton Park.jpg

Corton Park 1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    I said I would give you an update on my performance in the trial this Sunday.
    I did OK. Very pleased really. 10 sections ridden 4 times.
    I estimate my total sore to be 80 dropped marks out of what could have been 200. I cleaned many section without loss and had some silly 5's. Bike is a dream to ride and it pulls like a train. Just need to keep learning and getting better. My biggest issue is, I ride a little too fast and need to slow down and get better control. But after 35 years out I am doing well. So I am told.;)
    I will share this with you, I did have an amazing off riding down a very steep slope I lost control of the front end on wet tree roots and went completely over the handlebars. I still bounce well it seems. No injuries.:)
    Ken

• Like Like x 6
  3. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Pleased to report I underestimated my performance. My dropped score was 33:) out of 200. Not the last in the trial either.
    Onward and upward. Ride Safe you Guys and Gals.
    Old Geezers RULE.:p
    Ken.

• Like Like x 4
  4. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Cheers buddy. got the bug now. Bought a spare engine this week to strip and rebuild. No Manuals for these bikes but there seems to be lots of so called experts out there who know their stuff. My only concern when splitting the cases is if the gear cluster drops to bits. Scary stuff. I have been reliably informed that many people fail and have to have the expert assistance. Time will tell. :(
    Ken.

5. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    I thought it was time I popped back into the site. Nearly that time again when the America comes out to play. Changed the Oil and said hello to the thing this week. Winter has done it no harm.:)
    Ref the Trials riding that is going very well, ridden in trials competitions most weekends and now have a training ground to play in. The little Fantic is just amazing. Made a good few mods mostly to the suspension. I can report I have won a Novice Trial. Very pleased with most of my results now, most of them are mid field of the whole entry usually 90 or so. Fed up with people asking the question have you not hurt yourself yet. Piss off my mind says.:mad: Here are few pics of my latest outings. You might remember I bought a spare engine which needed a rebuild. Well I did that myself and I now have a spare engine for my 1979 Italian Bike.
    The Bsa is also ready for the road and this year it does not need an MOT or Tax. How cool is that. Very soon to join the stable is a Greaves 1968 Wessex trials bike. Extra space is being created in the shed by means of an extension,taken the back wall out today and adding another 4 foot x 6 foot. Feet not metric. Picture soon. Ride safe all Ken.

Boxford Bash 3.jpg

Butley Trial.jpg

Boxford Bash 2.jpg

BSA Ready to Go..jpg

seat profile.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Have you not hurt yourself yet :p

7. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    So GLAD your still the same old dilligaff. Thought you might reply.:)I have been keeping an eye out on your bike mods. Very Black. Ken.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Oh yes really enjoying myself. should have returned sooner. Still getting used to tree roots and tight turns. Have to say, I do miss the streams, river beds and boulder's upt North. But enjoying the clubs and trials in Suffolk. Ride safe. Ken

• Like Like x 1
  9. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Never a problem with hurting. Plenty of energy needed though. Yes it is great fun and you meet loads of like minded people every week. Suffolk and Norfolk is a good place for trials plenty of clubs. NO BIG HILLS though.:eek:

• Like Like x 2
  10. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Well to all you guys who have replied to my thread and those that originally commented on the rebuild of my BSA Thunderbolt.
    Here is the latest creation. I still have the Fantic. But could not resist a bit more British metal. Hope you like it. I bought it after it had been sitting in a shed for 6 years still with lots of muck on the thing. It is now ready to trial. Been ridden once but have since fitted new carb and bike is running really sweet now. 1968 Greeves Anglian 246 cc. I have the original British Racing Green fuel tank but it needs some rework due to Fiberglass deterioration. Ken.

Greeves Ready 2.jpg

Greeves Ready.jpg

trial 6.jpg

• Like Like x 9