Bennets Insurance

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rudeboy, Jun 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    I'm with Bikesure till August they just sent me the quote for next years ins £201 so i've gone for Hastings Direct premier £125 that'll do me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    Just got home from work to find a bike renewal quote from Bennetts Insurance. My premium last year for my 2016 Bonneville was £307 fully comp, quote for renewal £693. I've not had any claims so can't see why it would have gone up so much. I'm going to get some quotes from elsewhere, any recommendations?

4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    "2 Bennetts or not 2 Bennetts that is the question" - i think / know id be on Go Compare.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Exactly what happened to me with Bennetts.
    Try Asda.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Force yourself to sit down for a couple of hours and try the comparison sites:confused:
    Get a piece of paper and write the price/insurer down so that it's in front of you and your not having to go back and forth on a screen :)
    Then pick the one you want and ring them to check everything out for you :)
    If you're happy with the quote you can either get it done on the phone which usually costs more or go back to the online version and finish it off
    I know it's a pain but you can save a bucket load every time you're insurance is due :p
    Oh yeah tell them to take you off auto renew as well....don't worry....they won't forget because they want your business/money and will try harder to keep you :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones half ton.
    I have found the insurance industry has no logic whatsoever.
    My Bennetts renewal quote was triple for no reason at all.
    No claims, no accidents, no policy change, same address.
    I compare sites every year for the car and bike and just go with the cheapest,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    There seems to be no sense or reason in many of these renewal quotes and when you ring them up there seems to be no sense in the person you speak to either !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    My Bennett experience so far is good. I changed bikes last year mid term (a street to a Speed) and no charge. This years renewal is only a tenner more than the equivalent cover of the nearest so to save myself £10 worth of hassle I'm going with Bennetts

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    I did a search for some better insurance deals and got some good responses. I also phoned Bennetts to be told that the quote I'd been sent was an error and to renew my policy would be virtually the same price as last year after all.

My question now is has anyone had any dealings with Principal Insurance? The reason I'm asking is that they have quoted me half of what Bennetts are saying to re-insure, i.e. PI will insure my bike for £183

11. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Don't try and make any sense of it Andy, there isn't any where insurance is concerned.

12. John Will

John Will Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Bury St Edmunds.

13. John Will

John Will Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Bury St Edmunds.
    Saga own Bennetts so shall have fun next two months as bike is Bennetts and car Saga.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I moved from CN to PI last year (cheaper). Renewal this year was a fair bit more so used MCN compare. Hastings was a load cheaper but spent all day on hold, so went back to Principal Insurance and haggled. Ended up renewing for about £180 including UK breakdown.
    Seem good to deal with on phone (and not on hold for ever).

15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    50 I believe, but I have never found them cheaper for any form of insurance.
    Don't even bother asking for a quote any more.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    That will be interesting half ton.
    It would be nice to think if you are willing to support an independent local business then they would play ball as well. Look at monthly payments as well if it doesn't incur too much of a charge.
    If you're not using the bike for a couple of months, make sure you SORN it, only £13ish for 2 months but better in your pocket and so easy to do,
    Have you thought of opening your own greengrocers ?
    See if there are any local grants for start up businesses.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I changed insurers this year from Adelaide / Cornmarket to MCE € 65 in the difference on FC down to € 175 for this year.

Rang round all the major players and was disgusted with the prices being quoted and nothing for Loyalty / staying with any of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    Where do you live?

I'm also going to tell Bennetts I'm not renewing with them and going to go with Principal Insurance

19. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I cant make sense of any of it now!:mad:
    I've got to get back to biking, but for various reasons like difficult to get a Bonnie size weight bike in and & out of the garden, storage , cover and protection I thought I get a pop pop just as a run around, so thought of a new Honda Vision 110, got a good deal with Hunts of Manchester, sorting out some insurance, now bear in mind my Trumpets renewal was £103.12, the best I can get for this poxy little thing is £95!!!:eek:
    What's the weather like on their planet FFS?
    Now it gets even sillier, if I put the mileage up from 4000 to 10000 the price comes DOWN by nearly 2 quid!! Everything stays the same, excess etc.
    There are many things I've grown to understand, even women to some extent, but insurance? That's beat me!:tired_face:
    Glad I inadvertently 'forgot' to cancel the Triumph insurance for a couple of months after it went to Ireland, at least I got my 2 years NCB!
    10,000 mile p.a? If I leave now I'll see you all in Wales!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Just tried them, almost, bar a £1 dearer, the same as meercats, and no toy!
    My neighbours little girl would not forgive me, especially as they are now from Beauty and the Beast!

• Like Like x 2